Revenge of Ask T Questions

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

Re: Revenge of Ask T Questions

Postby Fhqwhgads » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Hey so dumb question maybe but - I was never really clear on KA's and Sara's reaction faces on the last panel of this page? Are they reacting to Lisa or...? and why does Sara look pissed off?
Papuasblya wrote:I hope [Charlotte's] not dead because the only thing sexier than a religious fanatic with a sweater vest and a limp is a religious fanatic with a sweater vest, limp and a fat keloid neck scar.
Fhqwhgads

Postby showler » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Fhqwhgads wrote:Hey so dumb question maybe but - I was never really clear on KA's and Sara's reaction faces on the last panel of this page? Are they reacting to Lisa or...? and why does Sara look pissed off?
They're reacting to Fred and Daphne kissing. Sara looks pissed off because Daphne is kissing a guy and Sara is emotionally a mess during that whole time period.
showler

Postby Fhqwhgads » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:38 pm

oh on the next page. OK. sorry, I didn't quite manage to put that together :oops:
Papuasblya wrote:I hope [Charlotte's] not dead because the only thing sexier than a religious fanatic with a sweater vest and a limp is a religious fanatic with a sweater vest, limp and a fat keloid neck scar.
Fhqwhgads

Postby TCampbell » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Valerie wrote:T&J, I'm sorry to keep nitpicking, but... orange lips with pink hair. >_O Can we please know what color the rest of the outfit is, so the clash-obsessionist in me can get over it?

Orange and pink flowers on the dress, black top and belt. Feel better? :wink:
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby TCampbell » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:48 pm

showler wrote:
Fhqwhgads wrote:Hey so dumb question maybe but - I was never really clear on KA's and Sara's reaction faces on the last panel of this page? Are they reacting to Lisa or...? and why does Sara look pissed off?
They're reacting to Fred and Daphne kissing. Sara looks pissed off because Daphne is kissing a guy and Sara is emotionally a mess during that whole time period.

Yup yup.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby FlyingFish » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Can someone repost the infamous Last Name List?
FlyingFish

Postby Fhqwhgads » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 pm

FlyingFish wrote:Can someone repost the infamous Last Name List?
I love how your avatar seems to indicate you're TOTALLY FREAKING OUT over that question. ;)
Fhqwhgads

Postby Valerie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Jason Waltrip wrote:Katy-Ann's outfit is based on a real dress with a multi-colored pattern of a white, black, orange, purple, green, pink and light blue flowers.

TCampbell wrote:Orange and pink flowers on the dress, black top and belt. Feel better? :wink:

That could probably work. Thank you. <3
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Azrael44 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Okay here's the name list. Not going to re-link everything because I can't get that info off the old forum. If T can, great, if not Meh.

Edit and repost: Now linked for your pleasure. :P
Second edit: Add Charlotte
Edit the Third: Added Darren
Final Edit?: Added TC's additions from Q&A and Teacher O'Dell
Michael Ezra edit: Added Teacher Koffman
Addendum the Sixth: Added Ms. Kwan, Sara's Mother
More Stuff part Seven: Added more of the PUs
Eighth Rendition: Cyndi's surname appears in comic
Ninth Addition: Added Cyndi's Father
Addendum Decimus: Added Braz, Meg, and Cyndi's Mother
The Eleventh Edition: Added Samantha
The Twelfth Go-Around: Added Matt

Polly Rocket wrote:

Also, aside from Penny, Aggie, Sara, Michelle, Rich and Stan, do the other cast members have surnames? It's such a dumb question but I've always been curious.

I have also been long curious on this subject so I went and looked at the archive to see what I could find. These are the surnames I found in comic :

Penny Levac
Aggie d'Amour
Karen Duvall
Sara Velte
Lisa Winklemeyer
Katy-Ann McCormick* now Williams listed as canon
Michelle Brown**
Charlotte Simms@
Daphne Brooks^
Cyndi Kristoffer
Helen Tomalin^
Brandi Jones^
Tharqa Sunflower^
Meg Macomb
Samantha Evans
Yolanda AKA: Drunk Girl &
Rich Diggle
Stan Larson
Jack Magee* now Kirk listed as canon
Duane Teague
Marshall Gryvanski^
Fred Rudolph^
Darren Danforth#
Braz Tyler
Robert Levac Penny's Father
Lynda Levac Penny's Mother^
Matt Levac Penny's Younger Brother+
Nick d'Amour Aggie's Father
Melody d'Amour Aggie's Mother (dec.)
Theo Velte Sara's Father
Iseul Kwan Sara's Mother
Charisma Gryvanski Marshall's Mother
Carl Kristoffer Cyndi's Father
Trisha Kristoffer Cyndi's Mother
Principal Giuliani***
History Teacher O'Dell***
English Teacher Koffman***

As far as I was able to tell no one else has had their surnames revealed as of yet. Unless it was cleverly hidden and I missed it, always possible I suppose.

* TC posted above that Jack's and Katy-Ann's surnames are possiblly not canon at this point. Fixed
** A guest strip and clearly a Peanuts reference.
*** No given name yet provided for the Principal, History Teacher O'Dell or Enlish Teacher Koffman.
@ Given in Fans!/P&A AU crossover.
# Not given in the comic text yet, but in the arc title in which he was introduced, so assuming it's canon.
^ Given in a Q & A thread post above by TC
+ Matt's name given in Miss Gisele's "insude look" guest strip / sketch. Not canon.
& No surname yet provided.
"A friend is one who stabs you in the front"~ O. Wilde

Politics: n. pl. From the Gk "polus" meaning many and the OE "ticia" meaning bloodsucking insect.
Azrael44

Location: The dark side of the moon, where the red fern grows

Postby ukelele » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:37 pm

I have a question for T about KA. Normally she's characterized as one of the most emotionally sensitive and honest characters in the cast but for the last few strips... She's been very manipulative. She's provoked Brandi into confessing her interest in her boyfriend by visiting her unannounced (instead of addressing that as the focus of her visit verbally, which would have saved Brandi some serious angst) and now she's responding to her boyfriend's request to talk by inviting him over to her house for dinner (where the presence of her parents would prevent them speaking about their issues) and going on a charm offensive instead of asking what he wanted to discuss in the first place.

Why is KA doing this? It doesn't seem like the kind of quick, emotionally charged response that Daphne had when Sara broke up with her... She's really planning forward and pushing for Jack to not talk about their problems.
ukelele

Postby showler » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:40 am

I didn't actually see that as the purpose of her visit to Brandi. I figured she was there to ask for Brandi's help with picking out clothes and Brandi's confession did catch her by surprise.

I also suspect that the reason why she responded to Jack the way she did was that she figures she knows what he wants to say, what he thinks the problem with their relationship is, and that her plans will fix the issue and eliminate the need for discussion. I suspect she's wrong about that.
showler

Postby TCampbell » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Katy-Ann was indeed surprised by Brandi's confession... consciously.

The reason for the charm offensive should be clear enough in a few hours.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby FarkUp » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 am

Is Sara's Hollywood Meighan the same one as the Science Fiction Club's Meighan? I was reading through Fans!'s massive archive when I got to here and it just clicked.
FarkUp

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:49 am

Parallel universe counterparts.
Bo Lindbergh

Re:

Postby TCampbell » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:30 am

Bo Lindbergh wrote:Parallel universe counterparts.

Yep.

Penny and Aggie has also shown parallel universe counterparts of Rikk and Di. In "Fan Glam No. 21," we get to see what Penny and Aggie's world is like in the Fans-verse.
TCampbell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion