[5 Nov 09]: Everything's gonna be all right

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

[5 Nov 09]: Everything's gonna be all right

Postby Michael Ezra » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Hm. This is the closest thing to depth we've ever seen from Lisa.

(I like Lisa. I'm just sayin'.)

Also, anyone notice how doll-like Lisa looks recently? It's the eyes. So kyewwwt! :D
Michael Ezra

Postby hallidae » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Lisa, honey, as a 24-year-old RDJ fangirl and near-lifelong Iron Man fan, I'm so on your side. Screw the rest of 'em, we'll go squee over the man together.
hallidae

Postby NCallahan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:36 pm

At first, Lisa thought she had just fallen asleep with her head phones on again. But that wasn't Paul Oakenfield. That was the tell-tale buzz of rocket boots.

"Wuzzit?" She pulled her head off of the pillow just in time to see the light dip below her window. Tumbling out of bed, she skipped the headache of underwear and struggled straight into some old sweats. Racing down the stairs as quietly as she could after tripping over Buster, she sprinted out to the patio just as he touched the ground. He sparked in the intruder lights like an ergonomic sex fire truck, but as he tugged off his helmet, she could plainly see he was an ergonomic sex fire angel.

"Hello, Lisa." Robert smiled gently. "I heard you had something you wanted to talk to me about?"

"I... Mr. Downey... It's nothing, really. It's silly." Lisa blushed redder than her hair and fiddled with the bottom of her shirt. It was so embarrassing, she couldn't meet him in the eye. Little did she realize, pulling on her shirt like that only make her nipples more obvious. "I just wanted to say... God, I thought you'd like to know I understand why you did all that smack and urinated on that police officer and I still think you're an alright guy, you've really pulled yourself together through it all and I don't know if I could ever be as a strong as you -- but that's all stupid and you don't need me to tell you that and oh god, you put on your good fictional robot suit and came all the way out here for nothing, I feel like such a sped--"

She teared up as she babbled. Robert stomped up and wiped away her tears with his gloved hand -- so gentle, yet so deadly. "No. It's alright. Thank you. Thank you very much, Lisa."

He smiled like Old Spice and tattoo parlors. Lisa's head spun. "You mean that?"

"Hey, yeah, kid -- you never have to apologize for being there for me. Everybody says its about being strong." Robert put his hand on her shoulder and gave her a peck on the forehead. "But it's really just about being alive."

Her head slid down back and wormed under Lisa's shirt. The warm tingle of his repulsar rays rolled through her muscles and down her hips. Robert lifted her up against his codpiece. "You, kid, having someone there is what makes you alive."

They lifted off, totally setting her dad's stupid Kentucky Blue on fire. "Now let's go having mid-air sex, cowgirl style, and I'll fire my missiles when we come."

Lisa sighed and clung to her iron man. "Make sure you blow up Helen's car, Robert. Make sure you blow up Helen's car."

---------------------

The next morning, Lisa came to breakfast humming.
NCallahan

Postby dianekikiula » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:36 pm

It might be Aggie that dreamed of loving a mannequin, but it's Lisa that's really the one with the lusts for the unattainable.
Evil Ben wrote:Diane, <snip> You rock, you librarian, you :D
Alice Macher wrote:...I love you. ♥
Freemage wrote:Best. Euphemism. Ever.
dianekikiula

Postby Michael Ezra » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:40 pm

NCallahan: Well done as always, sir.
Michael Ezra

Postby NCallahan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:51 pm

dianekikiula wrote:It might be Aggie that dreamed of loving a mannequin, but it's Lisa that's really the one with the lusts for the unattainable.

Well, duh. People sell real dolls.
NCallahan

Postby MeganKoumori » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:01 pm

Older than your dad? Well shoot, not only are many of my celebrity crushes older than my dad, some of them are downright dead, specifically Clark Gable and Humphrey Bogart. The not-so-dead ones include David Bowie, Leonard Nimoy (Ok, young Leonard Nimoy), and William Petersen.

So no fear, Lisa. I'm at least as weird as you are.
Alice Macher wrote:I hereby found the new religion of MeganKoumorism. Bow down, ye faithful, and worship her!

MeganKoumori's Hunchback Fansite Here
MeganKoumori

Postby Mr. Brightside » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:03 pm

David Bowie, at least, has aged well. Even since Iman's been siphoning his eternal youth, he's hotter than I could ever hope to be.
Mr. Brightside

Postby Michael Ezra » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:17 pm

Hm. Given that my parents were both born in the thirties, I can't say I have a thing for any celebrities older than them. Maybe Clara Bow and Mae West, a bit.

Once we get into those born in the forties and later, though...mmm. Ann Margret, John Lennon (for him it's more the voice than the looks), Grace Slick, David Bowie. Margret and Bowie have both aged well.
Michael Ezra

Postby SomeCanadianWeirdo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:17 pm

Sara looks terrific in that first panel.
SomeCanadianWeirdo

Postby UnstoppableTaboo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:58 pm

At first I misread the last panel as "Other than your dad.", thinking Daphne was making a quip following Robert's line in the panel before it.

"This is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
"OTHER THAN YOUR DAD."

...Then when Lisa blushed I was thoroughly confused.

........... but I reread it and the world makes sense again. :)
UnstoppableTaboo

Postby perilsofrosella » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:49 am

UnstoppableTaboo wrote:At first I misread the last panel as "Other than your dad.", thinking Daphne was making a quip following Robert's line in the panel before it.

"This is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
"OTHER THAN YOUR DAD."

...Then when Lisa blushed I was thoroughly confused.

I laughed so loudly I scared the crap out of my cat. Thank you, my dear. :)

This was surprising. I wouldn't have put money on Lisa as being a "mothering" kind of girlfriend.
perilsofrosella

Postby brasca » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:25 am

I'm just wondering if they're all be annoying or immitating Lisa. Maybe we're just getting a glimpse of typical teenagers acting a little more annoying than usual or maybe they're giving Lisa the business for once. If the latter it would seem as though she's not too comfortable getting a taste of her own medicine.
brasca

Postby dataweaver » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:19 am

In my experience, few people are. And I tend to have a great deal of respect for those few.
dataweaver

Postby Damocles » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:00 am

Hmm. celebrities older than me that I have a crush on?

Dead: Hedy Llamar, Elizabeth Montgomery.

Living: Sigourney Weaver, Carol Burnett, Lily Tomlin, John Cusack.

Yes, I said John Cusack. So what?!
I'm now convinced that if you play Pat Benatar's "Crimes of Passion" over Penny and Aggie it'll totally synch up.
Damocles

Next

Return to General Discussion