"BACK FOUL PLOT BUNNIES! BACK!

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

"BACK FOUL PLOT BUNNIES! BACK!

Postby Zoken » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:23 pm

I was listening to Beachboys and somehow this formed... and please rmember, I'm not a Penny/Aggie Shipper... this just happened.

"Football season starts again," Aggie sighed in annoyance. "Yet another chance for the school to throw money away making the strong and elite feel important."

Before Lisa could respond, Penny's voice cut in. "Gee, you hate sports, shocker right there," she sniped sarcastically. "Honestly, D'Amor, you're so 'Non-conformist', that you're predictable. Next we'll be seeing you talk about how Football encourages violence and hostility, when infact, it's a cathartic activity which allows young men who are already prone to, and frankly some times designed for, violence, to vent these destructive tendancies in a constructive way that brings money IN to the school. Not out." Penny smirked. "Then you'll decry how it just isn't fair for the school to support the Football team over something else I really don't care about... and my answer to that is... tough."

"I am not that predictable... In fact, I'm going to the games to support the school," Aggie countered, lying quickly.

"Doubtful," Penny chuckled. "I bet you'll give that up after two games."

"What do I get if I make to every game this year?" Aggie asked, intruiged by the turn this had taken.

"Hmmm... I'll be your slave. One week, just in school. Whatever humiliation you want to heap upon me, I'll bear."

"And vice-versa if I don't?" Aggie asked.

"No," Penny said, with a mischevious grin. "If you miss just one game, I get to design your wardrobe for the rest of the year... including your hair."

Both girls glared at each other. "Fine," Aggie agreed.

"You'll look so good in pink," Penny smirked.

Before Aggie could get out her cutting retort, Penny was walking away with her friends laughing. Unfortunately, Penny had pegged Aggie's rant exactly on the head.

Lisa recognized the look on her friends face. She popped her earbuds in and motioned for Aggie to fire-away. Aggie gave a good five minute rant that Lisa didn't hear a word of. "Done?" she asked as she pulled out her Earbud when Aggie seemed to have run out of steam.

"Yes," Aggie said sullenly. "I'm not predictable... am I?" she asked.

Lisa was a good friend. She was willing to be honest with her friend, but also smart enough to know when a situation didn't call for honesty. She comprimised. "You don't have to be. I mean... well, put it this way. You've got some violence in you that needs to be vented." Lisa gave her evilest smile, which didn't make her look scary, but rather adorable. It had to be the pigtails. "And, we'll get you to every single game."

~*~

"Are you sure you should have made that bet with Aggie?" Sara asked Penny as they sat at the first football game of the season. They were close to the field. It was over two weeks since the bet, and she'd just told Sara about it. "If she shows up to the games, she could really hurt you, socially."

"Please, the game is starting and she's not here, and it's the first game of the year. This is in the bag."

The game proceeded quite well for the school. This was thanks mostly to the new wide receiver/running back the coach had put in just last week. If Penny remembered correctly, he was supposed to be some sort of secret weapon. The PA system had garbled his name, and the Jersey simply had the nickname "Hands" above the 01. At half-time, the lead was almost insurmountable, but the coach still had the team in the locker room, yelling at them to shape up on all those mistakes they almost made.

"What do you think of the new player," Sara snickered as she came back from the snack bar with groups drinks.

Penny gave her an odd look, but replied. "Cute, I imagine. Definitely knows how to use his hands." this caused a giggle of the girls, but none was so red in the face as Sara.

"Since you're in such a reckless mood, what with your bet and all," Sarah said. "How about a dare?"

"What kind of dare?" asked Penny, knowing her most devious friend could come up with some good ones.

"I dare you to go give the new player a kiss on the lips as the team comes back out," Sara said.

Penny bit her lip a moment as she thought about it. A smile played on her face. "Fine," she said, touching up the bubblegum pink on her lips. "I'll be right back."

She went down to wait at the entrance to the stadium the team would use. as the players charged past, she called to the newest player. "Hey, cutie!, Number 1," She called in her most sultry voice. "I got somethin' for ya. For good luck."

"Hands" turned, and removed the helmet. It was hard to tell who was more shocked: Penny, or Aggie who'd just taken off her helmet.

~*~

9 days prior

"Hey! Hey, Coach!" Lisa shouted.

"Ugh," He dealt with her frequently. For some reason she always brought her musical complaints to him, instead of the band director. "What, now?" he snapped.

"Thomlinson's out for the season, right?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah, we're tryin' out replacements t'day," he affirmed, mildly suprised she had an on-topic question. "Why?"

As he stepped close, Lisa took the ball from his hands, cocked his arm back, and hurled a perfect spiral to the otherside of the field, where it was caught easily by Aggie.

"You wanna try out?" the coach asked, in shock.

"No, her," she replied. and caught the ball, Aggie had just thrown back to her.

"Suit up!" the coach barked at the approaching Aggie. he jerked his head to the equipment nearby for the students trying out. "If you can catch that well under pressure, we'll talk."
In the name of Agis, Miolin, and Rahs,
I am Zoken; Domine Somniorum
Worship at your leisure
Zoken

Postby Evil Ben » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:48 pm

I like the story. But it seems implausible.
Mainly because there are many areas in the States
where females cannot try out for football at the high school level
(and males cannot try out for volleyball). that would limit where
belleville could be.

But you tell a good story :-)
"It does what it's told." ~Peggy Dodson
Evil Ben

Postby Zoken » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:09 am

You're kidding!?

I knew that generally they didn't, I didn't know state law, or policy prevented them. That's rather sexist. I mean, unless they have a seperate team, can they really do that?
Worship at your leisure
Zoken

Postby IS_Wolf » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:22 am

Zoken wrote:You're kidding!?

I knew that generally they didn't, I didn't know state law, or policy prevented them. That's rather sexist. I mean, unless they have a seperate team, can they really do that?

Example. Yes, she's younger, yes, it's a separate league. But it's the quickest example I can find, and it's definitely not the first time I've read something like this.
IS_Wolf

Postby Killjoy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 am

Oh for cripe's sake could people please put a "FANFIC" tag on these threads so those of us who like to concentrate on what the actual authors actually write can avoid them?
"Oh nose!"
Killjoy

Postby Freemage » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:17 am

Killjoy wrote:Oh for cripe's sake could people please put a "FANFIC" tag on these threads so those of us who like to concentrate on what the actual authors actually write can avoid them?

Prozac's on the top shelf, next to the Advil, Killjoy.

Seriously, that was just a bit over the top. I knew it was a fanfic two lines into the post--was the time you wasted looking that far really more than you spent clicking Reply and typing that out and then clicking Send?
Freemage

Postby betsynoire » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 am

Killjoy wrote:Oh for cripe's sake could people please put a "FANFIC" tag on these threads so those of us who like to concentrate on what the actual authors actually write can avoid them?

YEAH! This forum is for serious serious webcomic discussion!
betsynoire

Postby Hasedoki » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:47 am

Evil Ben wrote:I like the story. But it seems implausible.
Mainly because there are many areas in the States
where females cannot try out for football at the high school level
(and males cannot try out for volleyball). that would limit where
belleville could be.

But you tell a good story :-)

I actually knew a girl on my highschool football team. The area where said school is located is about where T has narrowed the P&A location down to (if I'm not mistaken, somwhere Virginia-Maryland).
NCallahan wrote:Man, if there's one thing lesbian sex doesn't need, it's getting a pussy involved.
Hasedoki

Postby Zoken » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:48 am

betsynoire wrote:

YEAH! This forum is for serious serious webcomic discussion!
Hmm... I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or actually lining up with that statement... I'm going to work on the assumptions that it was sarcasm, otherwise I would have to start insulting you.

Oh, and thanks Freem.
Worship at your leisure
Zoken

Postby Makkabee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:54 pm

Besides, if Penny and Aggie attend private school (something the comic has never explicitly stated one way or the other), the school would belong to its own "prep league" which can make its own rules.

Also, I can think of at least one example of a woman making a college football team as a place kicker. She wasn't Heisman trophy material, but she did make the squad.
Makkabee

Postby Evil Ben » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:54 pm

College has had a few:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?id=1601161
Talks mostly about poor treatment at Colorado, but touches on her attempt in a bowl game vs UCLA.
But it's the biggest one in that the kicker was seen on national tv during said bowl game.
there are other girls out there on teams.

My thoughts are that if they can beat out a guy for the job, go for it.
"It does what it's told." ~Peggy Dodson
Evil Ben

Postby Azrael44 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Makkabee wrote:Besides, if Penny and Aggie attend private school (something the comic has never explicitly stated one way or the other), the school would belong to its own "prep league" which can make its own rules.

Also, I can think of at least one example of a woman making a college football team as a place kicker. She wasn't Heisman trophy material, but she did make the squad.

Well unless I am remembering very badly, no kicker has ever won the Heisman that's not really a big deal. If you can get the bloody thing through the uprights at a decent distance, I see no reason why they should not have the opportunity. Or if they can catch the ball and run for that matter.
"A friend is one who stabs you in the front"~ O. Wilde

Politics: n. pl. From the Gk "polus" meaning many and the OE "ticia" meaning bloodsucking insect.
Azrael44

Location: The dark side of the moon, where the red fern grows

Postby IS_Wolf » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:54 am

Azrael44 wrote: I see no reason why they should not have the opportunity. Or if they can catch the ball and run for that matter.

Most likely it's frowned upon, because the chances of some 300+ Linebacker squishing and seriously injuring a 150 to 160 female are a lot higher than if he were to smash into another male of around 220. Padding or no padding.
IS_Wolf

Postby dianekikiula » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Makkabee wrote:Besides, if Penny and Aggie attend private school (something the comic has never explicitly stated one way or the other), the school would belong to its own "prep league" which can make its own rules.

Rich had to leave school because he couldn't make tuition. I think there was another strip where the differentiation between that school and the "public" school was noted, too (same storyline).
dianekikiula

Return to General Discussion