Politics!

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Politics!

Postby thebitterfig » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:59 am

They lit it up.

They lit it up.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby thebitterfig » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:57 pm

thebitterfig wrote:So basically, Fuck Indiana.

http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2015/03/in ... i-gay.html
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/pence-s ... eedom-bill

However bad Joss Whedon could be, Mike Pence is certainly 10,000 times worse.

Mike Pence, the "gift" that keeps on "giving."
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby Pink Freud » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Well at least Texas' voter suppression law got overturned today, if I read it right. So I can be happy for that, at least, As the World Burns.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Valerie » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm sure all of you are as disappointed in the US as I am right now, so I wanted to share this petition with you: https://www.change.org/p/electoral-coll ... ecember-19
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby svenman » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:40 am

Valerie wrote:I'm sure all of you are as disappointed in the US as I am right now, so I wanted to share this petition with you: https://www.change.org/p/electoral-coll ... ecember-19

If that happens, then I really expect to see riots by disappointed Trump supporters – and I say that as someone who is utterly horrified that Trump won the election (for conventional interpretations of 'win').

That said, I can repeat here what I wrote on another forum:
svenman wrote:Dear Americans,

Refugees welcome.

Just sayin'.
- The people of Germany*

*Okay, in fact I'm just one German. But I believe I echo the sentiments of many of my fellow countrymen. Also, just to make that clear, I am not "Johan Franklin", though I agree with his recent messages.
svenman

Postby Pink Freud » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:07 am

The only thing worse than Trump being president would be the aftermath if the Electoral College ninja'ed Hillary into office. What we should be working on is removing the electoral college so that the votes of the people are actually represented fairly, but the way the states/districts in this country are Gerrymandered, that's going to be nigh goddamned impossible as things stand, much less after two-to-four years of these "people" having control over all aspects of lawmaking.

If just half of the third-party douchebags had voted for Hillary instead of a useless, stupid, "protest vote" for the biggest moron in the election, Trump would not be in office right now.

If just 5% of the 93 million or more that couldn't be fucked to bother to vote had shown out, Trump wouldn't be in office right now.

Hell, if people had given enough of a damn to pay attention to the Redmap bullshit and maybe worked just a little to call attention to it and fight it, Trump would not be in office right now.

Yeah, at this point, I'm pretty much done.
Said he'd come to save the world from destruction and pain, but I said how can you save the world from itself?
Pink Freud

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:11 am

Bo Lindbergh

Postby Valerie » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:25 pm

On a scale of 1-10, how much should I be preparing for a civil war right now?
There's a lot of shit going on in the US, guys.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby CEOIII » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:35 pm

And that's probably low.
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby Valerie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:45 pm

I've already told the people that frequent the chatroom, but for anyone who checks this forum, I want y'all to know that I was THIIIIIS CLOSE to opening my cafe, but then Trump won and now I can't because I don't know what's going to happen to our health insurance and I like Morgan being alive. So guess what? The party that's supposed to be good for business? DIRECTLY STOPPED ME FROM OPENING A BUSINESS.

I was gonna be a job creator. :( I was gonna try to be the best boss ever and pay people fairly and give them bonuses and stuff when I could afford to and and and

But NOOOOO, they had to vote for Orange Hitler. And now the ACA's fate is uncertain and Alice said I can't move to Canada. :cry:

Anyway, on a bittersweet note, I don't think I've shown you guys the logo for the cafe yet. It's really cute. My friend made it for me. Ignore the little gray square, that just kinda popped up for some reason. The official file doesn't have that. (And I've got the copyright for it, so no worries there.)
Attachments
QLFtFbaPdFE4ust15Yq7.png
QLFtFbaPdFE4ust15Yq7.png (10.22 KiB) Viewed 5548 times

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby thebitterfig » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Sounds about right for Republicans. They've never been "for business," only ever for their own theft.

Sucks, Val. I hope Morgan is able to keep being alive. Sucks also that this is 100% non-hyperbole.
thebitterfig

Postby Valerie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:33 am

Sooooo we kinda bombed Syria yesterday.

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 am

What the hell, I didn't now about this. It was linked in the goon politics irc channel tonight. That sucks Gisele, you deserved a lot better treatment than that.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/20 ... -sketches/
Pink Freud

Postby Valerie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:03 am

So the US congress has stopped trying to replace the ACA. Now they're gonna try to repeal it without a replacement.

If they vote to repeal, there will be a two-year period where the ACA is still around, during which time they say they'll come up with a replacement healthcare plan. But if they haven't come up with a decent plan during all this time, they aren't going to magically think of one in the next two years.

I usually try not to be too sensationalist, but I really think they're trying to kill us.

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Valerie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:51 pm

I remember when the most American thing was hating Nazis. Those were good times.

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion