Re-read week 73: Vertigo 1 - 6

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 73: Vertigo 1 - 6

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Vertigo 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 73: Vertigo 1 - 6

Postby timemonkey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 pm

You know, I can't even imagine freaking out that bad because someone kissed their fingers and tapped my nose.
timemonkey

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:18 pm

I guess Lisa's just that sexy. :mrgreen:
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Bo Lindbergh

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 am

If Lisa ever touched my face without my permission,I'd bite her fingers off. I mean think about it guys. What if Sara wasn't gay and was just really grossed out by physical contact.

I know that it turned out she is but still.

Also still annoyed with Aggie's only reasons for hating her are as superficial as she claims Penny is.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Valerie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:36 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:If Lisa ever touched my face without my permission,I'd bite her fingers off. I mean think about it guys. What if Sara wasn't gay and was just really grossed out by physical contact.

This is a decent idea, too. It might not even be all physical contact, but physical contact from someone she doesn't know very well. I think a lot of people could relate to that. Like, I barely know you, don't touch my face. o_o
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby timemonkey » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:42 am

Then she'd be obsessing about being touched, not screaming about being kissed. It's the focus of the freak out that is the most telling.
timemonkey

Postby FlyingFish » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:14 pm

timemonkey wrote:Then she'd be obsessing about being touched, not screaming about being kissed. It's the focus of the freak out that is the most telling.
Also, Sara's insistence on Aggie playing dumb with Penny, which is what made Lisa suspicious in the first place. When by all evidence Penny was tense because she had gotten near her ex. And Aggie, by all evidence, hadn't even noticed Penny. (That Sara was ultimately RIGHT was dumb luck.)

Unrelatedly...

K-A is flirting with Jack in the background of #2.

#5 is just plain adorable. (I'm still not sure how people who aren't drawn do the Snoopy dance.)
FlyingFish

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:04 pm

timemonkey wrote:Then she'd be obsessing about being touched, not screaming about being kissed. It's the focus of the freak out that is the most telling.

I would focus on the kiss. Seriously dude. A weird girl kissed her without her permission. She can scream about it and inwardly be grossed out that someone she barely knew touched her face.

Also it's kinda obvious that Aggie is acting like a five year old with a crush. Especially given that she's bullying Penny for piss poor reasons.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Alice Macher » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:14 pm

FlyingFish wrote:#5 is just plain adorable.

T and Gis once offered a colour version of the final panel as a donation wallpaper.

(I'm still not sure how people who aren't drawn do the Snoopy dance.)

Apparently, like this.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby CEOIII » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:37 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:

I would focus on the kiss. Seriously dude. A weird girl kissed her without her permission.

Except she didn't. Lisa touched her nose and she was all "I'VE BEEN KISSRAPED!" Not "Bitch, excuse you?", not "Hands off, weirdo", but "I'VE BEEN KISSRAPED!"

And the denial seeds are planted.
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby Adrishiana » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:07 pm

I usually don't advocate violence, but it would have been kinda nice to see Lisa get slapped/punched/shoved away - not enough to do serious injury, obviously, but enough to maybe make the point to Her Specialness that others' rights matter as much as her desires.

Because, seriously? Putting your bodily fluids on others without their consent (or any reason to think you'd have consent) is gross. Taking a step to out someone (or force them to out themselves to themselves, whatever she justified it as) in public is gross. Lisa is gross.
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby timemonkey » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am

It's not like Lisa spit on her hand and wiped it on her face, her fingers could have been completely dry. And she didn't Out Sara at all, she made a pointed gesture and let the reaction speak for itself. Sara is the one who approached them, got up in Aggie's face and started yelling. If Sara wants people to stay out of her business she should practice it herself.
timemonkey

Postby Twitcher » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:33 am

Lisa knew what was going to happen, though, and it's exactly what she hoped for. She's something of a shit-stirrer, and she usually justifies it by saying that it improves people's lives in the long-run, but in the real-world, that's generally not how life works.
Twitcher

Postby Lia S » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:58 am

Twitcher wrote:Lisa knew what was going to happen, though, and it's exactly what she hoped for. She's something of a shit-stirrer, and she usually justifies it by saying that it improves people's lives in the long-run, but in the real-world, that's generally not how life works.

So Lisa is some kind of plot device.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Next

Return to General Discussion