The unofficial bad day thread.

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: Gisele, TCampbell

Re: The unofficial bad day thread.

Postby Artemisia » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:44 am

Thank you Doc,

BCG,

He may have a hairball that hasn't cleared yet, or he's nervous or he ate too fast. I hope he's alright.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Black Cat Godess » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Update two times to three. Grant (my cat) threw up again this morning. He's perfectly fine, sauntering around like normal and not even begging to be fed, but he THREW UP! And it's a bitch to clean up. I'm going to see if maybe it's his food, or he gets a not so welcome trip to the vet. :C
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
Black Cat Godess

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 pm

BCG: Check online if there have been any sorts of announcements about the brand of food your cat eats. Sometimes a bad batch gets out despite the best efforts of the distributors. Hope kitty feels better soon!
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Black Cat Godess » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:11 pm

I feed him Instinct's raw food, but it may just be the particular type I gave him (started him on chicken and he's been eating venison for a little while) or it might be nerves because we're moving. Or he's getting into something else that I don't know about. If it happens one more time, the vet will be called.

Only reason I'm not calling now is because he's literally acting fine and like nothing's happened. No lethargy, no begging, no NOTHING. Except puke.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
Black Cat Godess

Postby Trefle » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:42 am

BCG: I hope the cat's alright. D: Sorry, I have no idea on what to do with them ;___;
Trefle

Postby NobodySpecial » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:40 pm

BCG: Sounds mostly to me like a bad reaction to something they ate. Hopefully that's all it is.

As for my day - Protip: When exercising as a big, fat person, try not to fall on the path. Ow.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll
NobodySpecial

Postby Otaking » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:40 pm

So I've had this wracking cough for a couple of months. We thought it might be mold growing in the AC ducts (really humid here and I had a problem with excessive condensation) brought in guys to look at the AC who in typical slacker fashion for contractors this area only showed up once and never finished the work. My wife ordered two hospital grade air purifiers for upstairs and downstairs, which actually make it pretty nice.

Turns out it is whooping cough, picked up no doubt in the ER where I am always going due to my wife's issues. I got some antibiotics and am on the way out of it but of course she has it too and it's really wrecking her on top of her other chronic stuff....mostly with her stomach. She can't keep the antibiotics down. I had to take off work again the night before last and drive her to Clear Lake because our local ER is a joke. Quote "You cain't have whoopin' cough cuz it ain't going round." (From a nurse and not a doctor at least but I don't think some of their doctors are much smarter.)

My local doctor had already diagnosed it with a blood test. Not to mention it's a cough I've had for over a month which seems to be going away with antibiotics. My local ER couldn't even run a test or give antibiotics to her. I wanted to get her seen the same day as I did by my local doctor but he put her off till later in the week. I've read since then that they usually prescribe preventative antibiotics to everyone else in the household when they learn one person has it. I should have made him see her the same day but I was feeling too much like crap for a fight with his stupid staff. My local doctor is a nice guy and competent but his staff is the pits.

She's out of her regular pain meds and barely gets out of bed now, when she is up she's crying and talking about wanting to kill herself a good third of the time which is not unusual for her but I know the whooping cough really hurts on top of her other stuff. It makes me nervous when she has a pulse of 130-147 also.

We had the appointments to do the test for a mechanical pain pump. To do the test they inject the painkillers near her spine (where the pump would) to see if they'd be effective but she's been too sick to make the appointments and you can't really be messing with operations when you have whooping cough.

So it is going around. FYI it is highly contagious, can kill kids, and apparently you're supposed to renew vaccinations for it every ten years. We don't even go anywhere anymore besides the hospital so I know that's where we got it.
Otaking

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 pm

This is a small, kind of trivial thing, but it sure brought my day down to find out about it.

The current Bleach series just ended last week*. I've been watching this show since summer of 2008. I don't really doubt there's going to be a continuation, since the manga is entering its final story arc, but man. Almost four years of something I've kept up with, gone now. Ah, well. 366 episodes and 4 movies was a damn good run, at least.

*I would have found out about this sooner, except, to my bafflement and vast annoyance, my downloads of episodes 360-365 didn't work at all, despite my having procured them from the same place I have gotten them from ever since Dattebayo closed their doors on Bleach-subbing, and all of those episodes beforehand having worked just fine.

Also, Otaking - that really, really sucks, man. I hope you and your wife get better soon. =\
Last edited by Zanosuke Kurosaki on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby Valerie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Otaking wrote:So I've had this wracking cough for a couple of months. We thought it might be mold growing in the AC ducts (really humid here and I had a problem with excessive condensation) brought in guys to look at the AC who in typical slacker fashion for contractors this area only showed up once and never finished the work. My wife ordered two hospital grade air purifiers for upstairs and downstairs, which actually make it pretty nice.

Turns out it is whooping cough, picked up no doubt in the ER where I am always going due to my wife's issues. I got some antibiotics and am on the way out of it but of course she has it too and it's really wrecking her on top of her other chronic stuff....mostly with her stomach. She can't keep the antibiotics down. I had to take off work again the night before last and drive her to Clear Lake because our local ER is a joke. Quote "You cain't have whoopin' cough cuz it ain't going round." (From a nurse and not a doctor at least but I don't think some of their doctors are much smarter.)

My local doctor had already diagnosed it with a blood test. Not to mention it's a cough I've had for over a month which seems to be going away with antibiotics. My local ER couldn't even run a test or give antibiotics to her. I wanted to get her seen the same day as I did by my local doctor but he put her off till later in the week. I've read since then that they usually prescribe preventative antibiotics to everyone else in the household when they learn one person has it. I should have made him see her the same day but I was feeling too much like crap for a fight with his stupid staff. My local doctor is a nice guy and competent but his staff is the pits.

She's out of her regular pain meds and barely gets out of bed now, when she is up she's crying and talking about wanting to kill herself a good third of the time which is not unusual for her but I know the whooping cough really hurts on top of her other stuff. It makes me nervous when she has a pulse of 130-147 also.

We had the appointments to do the test for a mechanical pain pump. To do the test they inject the painkillers near her spine (where the pump would) to see if they'd be effective but she's been too sick to make the appointments and you can't really be messing with operations when you have whooping cough.

So it is going around. FYI it is highly contagious, can kill kids, and apparently you're supposed to renew vaccinations for it every ten years. We don't even go anywhere anymore besides the hospital so I know that's where we got it.

I'm really sorry to hear all that. *hugs*
That's all I can say.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Artemisia » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 am

I'm sorry to hear that Otaking.

I had something of a bad day. I've had a bad couple of weeks, actually. I'm not dealing well with the men in my household. my cousin's b/f seems as clueless as ever and just seems to spend most of his time online. I don't know. I can't voice what is driving me up the wall between him and my father. It's just got me distracted and I'm having trouble writing.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Trefle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:22 am

Otaking : I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope both you and your wife will get better ASAP. I have no idea what a whooping cough is (being in a different country and all), but it sounds very dangerous and painful.

Zanosuke : 366 episodes. So like, 300 hours? O_O; Man...

===
I dunno, my family's beginning to enter their drama phase-- again.

My workplace atm is family business. So it's double the resentment, double the drama, double the grudge. I buried my grudge, let go of my attachments..ran away from the drama....but still finding myself stuck. I don't know where to go, or how-- no, more like, the particulars. I'm afraid of suffering to the unknown-- but the other choice is going back to the same, familiar, oh so sanity-grating family drama again and again.

I know what to choose, but it's not fast enough. And-- tired. Oh so tired-- so quickly.

/assumes fetal position and rocks
Trefle

Postby Otaking » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Otaking : I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope both you and your wife will get better ASAP. I have no idea what a whooping cough is (being in a different country and all), but it sounds very dangerous and painful.

Thanks to you and everyone for your kind words.

Bacterial infection of the lungs, lasts around six weeks, fills your lungs with congestion so less capacity and you have a lot of painful coughing as your lungs try to get rid of it. Feels a little like when you inhale water at the swimming pool but with more burning and a fat guy sitting on your chest.

Sorry to hear about the family business thing. I feel like I can relate a little because while my family doesn't run a business they can be pretty smothering. I struck out on my own...far..far away on my own... just to get away from their support (which comes with their influence) so I could learn to be my own person early in life and I don't regret it.

I always felt that people in a family business were pretty fortunate because they would always have a safety net in case whatever they tried for themselves didn't work out.

Meaning you should certainly go and 'suffer the unknown' because you could always come back, right? The unknown doesn't have to be bad, it can be exciting and very good.

The particulars are usually get a job somewhere else, get a roommate somewhere else (preferably a sexy one!), there you go.
Otaking

Postby Captain LeBubbles » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Adding another complaint to the big boobs complaint I was making earlier this (last?) week: If you are a DD-cup, it is almost impossible to find a swimsuit that actually fits at the top- and even harder to find one that isn't fucking strapless. Yes, I have a fantastic rack, but that comes with the price of not being able to hold them up without some sort of strapping. Please to be remembering that swimsuit designers, kay thanks,

Also, three one-size-larger-than-a-model girls tanning at the pool yesterday talking about how fat they were. Fffffff.
A wild LeBubbles appeared!
Hexr wrote:Also, while you are all awesome people, I would like to applaud Captain Awesome LeBubbles. Sir, you're awesome, sir!

My LJ My DevART My Tumblr
Captain LeBubbles

Postby Trefle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:53 am

Otaking wrote:Bacterial infection of the lungs, lasts around six weeks, fills your lungs with congestion so less capacity and you have a lot of painful coughing as your lungs try to get rid of it. Feels a little like when you inhale water at the swimming pool but with more burning and a fat guy sitting on your chest.

That sounds...really awful. D:
Sorry to hear about the family business thing. I feel like I can relate a little because while my family doesn't run a business they can be pretty smothering. I struck out on my own...far..far away on my own... just to get away from their support (which comes with their influence) so I could learn to be my own person early in life and I don't regret it.

I always felt that people in a family business were pretty fortunate because they would always have a safety net in case whatever they tried for themselves didn't work out.

It is, it is. I hate the fact that even the littlest form of acknowledgement and/or support can be taken as 'ooh time to further probiiing'. And then they all told me to be my own person-- BUT LISTEN TO US AND HELP US. wut?

Thanks. My pain is far lesser than a lot of you, comparatively. I probably sound too entitled here.
Trefle

Postby Louisa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 am

Captain LeBubbles wrote:Adding another complaint to the big boobs complaint I was making earlier this (last?) week: If you are a DD-cup, it is almost impossible to find a swimsuit that actually fits at the top- and even harder to find one that isn't fucking strapless. Yes, I have a fantastic rack, but that comes with the price of not being able to hold them up without some sort of strapping. Please to be remembering that swimsuit designers, kay thanks,

I feel your pain, Bubbles. Have you tried places (physical or internet-based) that cater specially to women with larger cup sizes? Figleaves.com, for example, has a pretty sizeable DD+ swimwear selection, including some things that are so cute I want them in my life right now and fuck yes, they do indeed go up to a G cup. (Louisa leaves forum to go and buy all the swimming costumes).
Louisa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion