Doc Harleen wrote:I have a few questions:
1. I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but how old are Meighan and Hilary supposed to be?
Also, I've thought about the Sara/Daphne relationship a lot, and I have my own ideas for answers to the following questions, but I really would love to know the real answers:
2. What changed for Sara to make her want to ask Daphne out originally?
3. Did Sara truly never trust Daphne at all, or did she retcon her own past a bit when things started to go south for her in Hollywood? (I assume that she at one point really envisioned a future for them - she did picture them getting married at one time.)
I would also like to say thank you, T, for the "Ask T Questions" threads. I think it's really amazing that you provide your readers this sort of a forum to get true inside knowledge of the characters and behind-the-scenes looks at your process. It's just awesome, and I like how friendly these boards tend to be (virtually flame and troll free - a rarity on the internet). So again, thank you.
1. Meighan is in her mid-to-late twenties. Hilary is a teenager. I realize Hilary looks older, especially at first. In the real world, this is due to a misunderstanding between me and Jason, but I attribute it to a high-stress lifestyle and desire to be taken as older than her years. (We had something very similar happen with Shanna Cochran, both in the misunderstanding and in the explanation. Shanna's later transformation was more extreme than Hilary's, though.)
2. It's hard to say how much of it was a desire to replace her lust for Cyndi with another, healthier attraction. She was drifting toward Daphne already. She liked Daphne, and, despite The Big Issue, appreciated her friendship. The physical desire wasn't totally absent either, though Sara's hormones don't seem overly choosy. She probably would've given things a try with Daph for those reasons sooner or later, all things being equal, but Cyndi unconsciously pushed the development forward.
3. This is a hard one. Sara decided to trust Daphne. But what happened in L.A. basically made Sara's requirements in order to trust someone stricter.