Oh We've Tried (11/30/12)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Oh We've Tried (11/30/12)

Postby brasca » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Is Disney in the business of assassinations. Possibly and in this universe Walt himself might be still calling the shots from behind the scenes.

It's one thing for Spiderman to affect American culture, but would it really influence terrorist masterminds and rogue nation leaders to behave like cartoon supervillains? I guess we'll find out.
brasca

Re: Oh We've Tried (11/30/12)

Postby Chistery » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 pm

He'd be 111 (assuming this IS 2012, which is possible given Sadaam's advanced age in this strip), so unless Spiderman somehow inspired absolutely brilliant advancements in lung cancer treatments by '66 and life extension research beyond that, he's not likely to be calling any shots.
Chistery

Postby sun tzu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:34 am

brasca wrote:Is Disney in the business of assassinations. Possibly and in this universe Walt himself might be still calling the shots from behind the scenes.

It's one thing for Spiderman to affect American culture, but would it really influence terrorist masterminds and rogue nation leaders to behave like cartoon supervillains? I guess we'll find out.

I think T mentioned that the "Sinister Axis" don't call themselves that - it's the Spidey-obsessed Americans who do.
sun tzu

Postby brasca » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:58 am

sun tzu wrote:
brasca wrote:Is Disney in the business of assassinations. Possibly and in this universe Walt himself might be still calling the shots from behind the scenes.

I think T mentioned that the "Sinister Axis" don't call themselves that - it's the Spidey-obsessed Americans who do.

Yes I remember that and yet Emir is wearing a cape which makes me think he's influenced. Then again he bears a resemblance to recurring Dr. Who villain, the Master so perhaps Emir isn't just evil, but also has a flair for breaking free of the Marvel dominated influence.
brasca

Return to Fans