Don't Lose Your Cool Now (10/15/12)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Don't Lose Your Cool Now (10/15/12)

Postby brasca » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm

If this is the Fishbowl's audition process Zachary is right to be worried about getting psyched out.
brasca

Re: Don't Lose Your Cool Now (10/15/12)

Postby Arky » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:13 pm

This should be right up ZZ's alley. In his new state of being he doesn't seem like he'd be easily distracted. If anything, he risks being too boringly unruffled.
Arky

Postby retrophrenologist » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:20 am

It might be because of the implied reference to Mysterio in 'fishbowl', but this strip kind of reminds me of the old Spider-Man story where Mysterio impersonates a psychiatrist and sets up an office with furniture attached to the ceiling, to make Spidey think he's hallucinating. Is it a deliberate reference?
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby TCampbell » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 am

retrophrenologist wrote:It might be because of the implied reference to Mysterio in 'fishbowl', but this strip kind of reminds me of the old Spider-Man story where Mysterio impersonates a psychiatrist and sets up an office with furniture attached to the ceiling, to make Spidey think he's hallucinating. Is it a deliberate reference?

I would love to say so, but no. It's more of a reference to old, half-remembered reviews that Spider-Man soliloquies were "like Hamlet if he could stick to walls."
TCampbell
Site Admin

Return to Fans