Fwoosh (9/26/12)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Fwoosh (9/26/12)

Postby brasca » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Starting to think that syringe contained something other than truth serum since I don't see how being incapable of lying would make Zachary bold enough to talk to a girl he's attracted to and risk turning himself into Baron Underbeit through reckless chemistry experiments.
brasca

Re: Fwoosh (9/26/12)

Postby sun tzu » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:15 am

brasca wrote:Starting to think that syringe contained something other than truth serum since I don't see how being incapable of lying would make Zachary bold enough to talk to a girl he's attracted to and risk turning himself into Baron Underbeit through reckless chemistry experiments.

It was stated in-comic that, due to an otherwise-unnoticeable difference in brain chemistry, Zachary is having an atypical reaction to the truth serum.

As for what he's doing...My guess is, it's a fluid that produces a nice lightshow when it combusts, but not enough heat to burn Zach's skin.
sun tzu

Postby brasca » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 am

sun tzu wrote:
brasca wrote:Starting to think that syringe contained something other than truth serum since I don't see how being incapable of lying would make Zachary bold enough to talk to a girl he's attracted to and risk turning himself into Baron Underbeit through reckless chemistry experiments.

It was stated in-comic that, due to an otherwise-unnoticeable difference in brain chemistry, Zachary is having an atypical reaction to the truth serum.

As for what he's doing...My guess is, it's a fluid that produces a nice lightshow when it combusts, but not enough heat to burn Zach's skin.

I thought the effect on his brain chemistry would be extra truthiness.
brasca

Postby Freemage » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 pm

It seems to be more a case of him perceiving truths, rather than uttering them. So he now knows how to approach a girl in a way that gets her interest. He also apparently knows how to make kick-ass blue-flame effects on his face without burning it off.

He'd make a fun moderator for a Presidential debate, is what I'm saying.
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby Alice Macher » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:12 pm

:lol: I'm now trying to think of how the ability to create cool yet safe chemical special effects would apply to the task of moderating a presidential debate. Maybe it could stun the debaters into silence if they got unruly, or something.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Freemage » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Alice Macher wrote::lol: I'm now trying to think of how the ability to create cool yet safe chemical special effects would apply to the task of moderating a presidential debate. Maybe it could stun the debaters into silence if they got unruly, or something.

Well, I was refering more to his general insight into human nature (so the first one). But hey, I kinda like the idea of, every time he realizes one of them is lying or evading a question, he sets them on (harmless, but quite dramatic) fire.
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Return to Fans