No! Dare! (9/24/12)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

No! Dare! (9/24/12)

Postby brasca » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:19 pm

I didn't think truth serum would make him metamorphose from Dean Venture although I don't see as how that makes him self-confident too.
brasca

Re: No! Dare! (9/24/12)

Postby retrophrenologist » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:31 pm

It's turned him into Buddy Love!
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby oddtail » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:03 am

brasca wrote:I didn't think truth serum would make him metamorphose from Dean Venture although I don't see as how that makes him self-confident too.

The reference to Dean Venture is lost on me. So I'll just comment on the second half of the sentence.

Since apparently Zach has been given a magical level of understanding of How Things Work, there's not really much room for uncertainty here. In my experience, people who know something well - mind you, on a "deep understanding" level, not just on the superficial intellectual level - tend not to be intimidated by it.

I'm curious how things will develop...
oddtail

Postby brasca » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:15 pm

oddtail wrote:
brasca wrote:I didn't think truth serum would make him metamorphose from Dean Venture although I don't see as how that makes him self-confident too.

The reference to Dean Venture is lost on me. So I'll just comment on the second half of the sentence.

It's from the Venture Brothers, a cartoon parody of Johnny Quest among other things. Dean Venture is a relatively smart and nerdy son of Dr. Venture who usually wears a sweater vest and shirt and has his hair styled similar to Zachary.

I wish I could find a better clip, but this is the best I could find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8ltlcZNi0
brasca

Postby oddtail » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:45 am

brasca wrote:
oddtail wrote:

It's from the Venture Brothers, a cartoon parody of Johnny Quest among other things. Dean Venture is a relatively smart and nerdy son of Dr. Venture who usually wears a sweater vest and shirt and has his hair styled similar to Zachary.

I wish I could find a better clip, but this is the best I could find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8ltlcZNi0

Thanks for the explanation =) I do know about the cartoon Venture Brothers, but not much beyond that it exists.
oddtail

Postby Babblu0 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:43 am

Heh, I thought the idea was that she slapped him and gave him a touch of whiplash.
Babblu0

Return to Fans