The Other "Harrys" (9/19/12)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

The Other "Harrys" (9/19/12)

Postby brasca » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Other Harry's? Is that a reference to Harry Osborne and if so is he the same one from the Spiderman comics. I take it that it's synonymous with losers, but it's one thing to be a loser it's another to delve into super villainy.
brasca

Re: The Other "Harrys" (9/19/12)

Postby Arky » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:51 am

brasca wrote:Other Harry's? Is that a reference to Harry Osborne and if so is he the same one from the Spiderman comics. I take it that it's synonymous with losers, but it's one thing to be a loser it's another to delve into super villainy.

Obviously whoever came up with that piece of slang forgot that Harry Osborn became a super villain.

This is probably the most original Green Goblin origin story ever.
Arky

Postby TCampbell » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 pm

brasca wrote:Other Harry's? Is that a reference to Harry Osborne and if so is he the same one from the Spiderman comics. I take it that it's synonymous with losers, but it's one thing to be a loser it's another to delve into super villainy.

Harry Osborne wasn't just any villain: he was a victim.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Arky » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 pm

TCampbell wrote:

I just realised that my comment on that might have been taken as you or Jason forgetting that Harry became a villian; I meant whoever came up with it IN-UNIVERSE forgot that Harry became a villian, and everyone else IN-UNIVERSE is forgetting that treating their "Harrys" like this is a great way to ensure someone rises to become a villian.

At least I hope that's where this is going!
Arky

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Arky wrote:
TCampbell wrote:

I just realised that my comment on that might have been taken as you or Jason forgetting that Harry became a villian; I meant whoever came up with it IN-UNIVERSE forgot that Harry became a villian, and everyone else IN-UNIVERSE is forgetting that treating their "Harrys" like this is a great way to ensure someone rises to become a villian.

At least I hope that's where this is going!

Norman was the real villian. Harry just did it because his head was majorly screwed up by his father. So he was definitely a victim.
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby wileamson7 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:34 am

Starting to think that syringe contained something other than truth serum since I don't see how being incapable of lying would make Zachary bold enough to talk to a girl he's attracted to and risk turning himself into Baron Underbeit through reckless chemistry experiments.
wileamson7

Return to Fans