I'm Going to Improvise (1/25/12)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

I'm Going to Improvise (1/25/12)

Postby brasca » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:51 pm

I sure hope you know who isn't on that list, but I can't imagine Jared would be that stupid to release Feddyg. And yet so far everything seems to be unfolding like it did. Mech-Tech is more powerful in the future because she died and merged with Cloud which is happening now. Feddyg rules a part of the world with an iron fist. We think he was released because he duped everyone into believing he could cure Rikk, but maybe Jared released him thinking he had some kind of failsafe that didn't ultimately didn't work.

So any guesses as to who might be on the list? We know Jesse works with the resistance, but who else?
brasca

Re: I'm Going to Improvise (1/25/12)

Postby Alice Macher » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Charlotte, maybe? We haven't seen her in a while.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby retrophrenologist » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Charlotte, definitely. Mabe the Jackalope virus- who else?
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby brasca » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:19 pm

retrophrenologist wrote:Charlotte, definitely. Mabe the Jackalope virus- who else?

Oh yes how could I forget Charlotte. As for the Jackalope virus I think it's technically free already just inhabiting a select few people who agreed to host it for a hefty fee.
brasca

Postby John A Arkansawyer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 am

I would prefer not to see Jared get killed.
And if I die today, I'll be a happy phantom.
John A Arkansawyer

Postby Arky » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:35 am

I think we all had the "oh hell, he's going to release Feddyg" moment, eh? Come on Jared, surprise us, don't carry the Idiot Ball.
Arky

Postby brasca » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 am

Here's one scenario which is in keeping with the betrayal element. Hilda saw the future with Feddyg's dark kingdom and she told Shanna he should be killed, but she might not have articulated why. If not that omission could be the cause of his release since it would be assumed she just wants him dead for what he did to her. I'd like to think Jared is too smart to trust Feddyg, but he did propose letting him heal Rikk in exchange for some leniency. Jared might think Feddyg would attack the Hand of Justice so he could lord it over AEGIS how he helped save the world when they couldn't. He can't be stupid enough to think Feddyg wants redemption. What they may not know is that Feddyg takes over a part of the world and rules like Darkseid because I think he prefers to be a lord of chaos. We know he enjoys his little kingdom, but I think he really enjoys the dichotomy of people having to choose between living in the oppressive world of the Hand of Justice or live in the brutal, but free kingdom he creates.

And this marks my 2000th post! :D
brasca

Postby NickFortune » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:21 am

I just had a thought.

If MechTech/Cloud are about to control the building. And if the only people who could execute a manual override are away from the desk...

Didn't Jared set it up so they could control an satellite laser cannon from that location?

On another subject: A happy Jared worries me.
NickFortune

Postby IronDragon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 am

Allow me to posit a possibility. Feddyg is unlikely to be released under normal circumstances. He's powerful and they would also want to avoid losing track of him in this situation. BUT the hand might release him as a means of causing chaos, or he might simply survive the earthquake and make it out of dodge. Part of the issue too is that with new super Mektech we have no way of knowing what might happen, maybe everything would be released in an effort to tie up AEGIS.

Also, I just realized that we were looking at this the wrong way, there was no one betrayal but there were a lot of small betrayals and some big ones. Betrayals of trust, betrayals of ideals, betrayals of the bonds of friendship between people.
IronDragon

Return to Fans