I'm Not the One to Worry About (1/13/12)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

I'm Not the One to Worry About (1/13/12)

Postby brasca » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Under most circumstances Rikk would be right, but currently AEGIS has no one who can teleport and even if they did they don't know where the Hand of Justice is. Moreover, Shanna looks like she's ready to snap. If she's temporarily blind with hysteria then the only one left in charge is Jared which could be a problem if he's cut off from the rest. I'm curious to know how the surviving attackers could make it back to AEGIS HQ without teleportation. I'm sure they did it before the Xenochiclets began helping them, but if it's miles from where they just fled then even by air they couldn't return to help Jared or the rest of AEGIS if Mech-Tech and Cloud gain control of the machinery. Last time Cloud was just narrowly defeated, but with Mech-Tech's powers they'd be nearly unstoppable.

I still think Tiki Wiki's betrayal is a ploy although Link seems to be gradually trusting him albeit a a little squeamish about the peace offering. If resurrection is possible that laser screwdriver of his would have to copy Will's DNA and memories too. Even if AEGIS recovered his bones at best they could clone him, but that wouldn't be the same.
brasca

Re: I'm Not the One to Worry About (1/13/12)

Postby Freemage » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:34 am

brasca wrote:Under most circumstances Rikk would be right, but currently AEGIS has no one who can teleport and even if they did they don't know where the Hand of Justice is. Moreover, Shanna looks like she's ready to snap. If she's temporarily blind with hysteria then the only one left in charge is Jared which could be a problem if he's cut off from the rest. I'm curious to know how the surviving attackers could make it back to AEGIS HQ without teleportation. I'm sure they did it before the Xenochiclets began helping them, but if it's miles from where they just fled then even by air they couldn't return to help Jared or the rest of AEGIS if Mech-Tech and Cloud gain control of the machinery. Last time Cloud was just narrowly defeated, but with Mech-Tech's powers they'd be nearly unstoppable.

I still think Tiki Wiki's betrayal is a ploy although Link seems to be gradually trusting him albeit a a little squeamish about the peace offering. If resurrection is possible that laser screwdriver of his would have to copy Will's DNA and memories too. Even if AEGIS recovered his bones at best they could clone him, but that wouldn't be the same.

I think Rikk's point is that it doesn't matter where, or when, Tiki Wiki goes--Shanna will hunt him down. It isn't an immediate threat, it's a matter of when Shanna catches up to him, and just how bad a hurt she can manage to inflict.
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby NickFortune » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:35 am

brasca wrote:If she's temporarily blind with hysteria then the only one left in charge is Jared which could be a problem if he's cut off from the rest.

I think Marc is going to take over. Not as a power-grab so much as he'll start organising everyone because no-one else is doing it, and because it needs doing. He's trying to snap Shanna out of it first, but when that doesn't work (and I don't think she's been this far gone since the FiB played all those mind games, way back when) he'll just take charge.

Jared will go with that. Marc's name was one of the three being considered to replace Rikk, remember. Of the other two candidates, one is a skull and one is near catatonic. This looks to be where the baton of command passes.
brasca wrote:If resurrection is possible that laser screwdriver of his would have to copy Will's DNA and memories too. Even if AEGIS recovered his bones at best they could clone him, but that wouldn't be the same.

I still like to think the screwdriver recorded his mental state. TikiWiki is an archivist. I could imagine that even his weapons would be recording devices.

Or alternatively, I'm grasping at straws and Will is saying hello to the Dodo and rediscovering Disco. It's possible.
NickFortune

Postby brasca » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:59 pm

NickFortune wrote:
brasca wrote:If she's temporarily blind with hysteria then the only one left in charge is Jared which could be a problem if he's cut off from the rest.

I think Marc is going to take over. Not as a power-grab so much as he'll start organising everyone because no-one else is doing it, and because it needs doing. He's trying to snap Shanna out of it first, but when that doesn't work (and I don't think she's been this far gone since the FiB played all those mind games, way back when) he'll just take charge.

Jared will go with that. Marc's name was one of the three being considered to replace Rikk, remember. Of the other two candidates, one is a skull and one is near catatonic. This looks to be where the baton of command passes.

According to the time travelers Marc didn't join them because he lost something on the bad day. Now maybe they were referring to Ar-ra'd which would be different than AEGIS and if so Marc might try to organize a counterstrike only to lose whatever it is that kept him out of the struggles later. Whatever the case Marc and the rest are still cut off from AEGIS HQ which makes it vulnerable to attack from Mech Tech.
brasca

Return to Fans