Stay Strong in the Meanwhile (12/14/11)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Stay Strong in the Meanwhile (12/14/11)

Postby brasca » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:22 pm

I wonder if any of this chapter is going to make much sense by Friday. I'm still not sure what side Wiki Tiki is on. He's following Bellhop through the portal, but I don't know if he's in pursuit or cooperation. Jared is telling them to take cover and they aren't so I wonder if he's detected Hyperman or Ult coming their way. Then there's Tim's reaction which might be in shock over seeing Will's disintegration or maybe he recognizes his adult daughter.

Something bad must be coming their way since most of the Hand has been removed from the battle and thus not a threat. Mec Tech is dead and downloading somewhere, Bellhop is fleeing through a portal, and Animal and Wheaties were teleported out by the Xenos. I'm not sure about Link, but unless he has some other super abilities I don't think he's going to make much of a difference if he continues fighting.

I know Fitz didn't have enough room for Team Beta and Gamma, but I hope they got some means of escape. I'm especially partial to Marigold's survival and Hannelore if she was there too.
brasca

Re: Stay Strong in the Meanwhile (12/14/11)

Postby Arky » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:28 pm

If Jared wanted them to take cover and not merely fly off, it says to me "remember that Chekhov's orbital laser they were saving to use on Ult?".
Arky

Postby brasca » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Arky wrote:If Jared wanted them to take cover and not merely fly off, it says to me "remember that Chekhov's orbital laser they were saving to use on Ult?".

They were going to use that once Ult was teleported out over the Atlantic so they could kill him with zero collateral damage. Things might be desperate, but I don't think Jared would fire it on Washington especially since there's only one cuckoo left and might be difficult to target anyway.
brasca

Postby Freemage » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:49 am

brasca wrote:
Arky wrote:If Jared wanted them to take cover and not merely fly off, it says to me "remember that Chekhov's orbital laser they were saving to use on Ult?".

They were going to use that once Ult was teleported out over the Atlantic so they could kill him with zero collateral damage. Things might be desperate, but I don't think Jared would fire it on Washington especially since there's only one cuckoo left and might be difficult to target anyway.

But Jared might be worried that Mech is downloading to there?
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby Bozeman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:22 pm

I wonder why Fitz took the dead Mechtech body. Or why Tiki Wiki took Will's skull.
Bozeman

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Bozeman wrote:I wonder why Fitz took the dead Mechtech body. Or why Tiki Wiki took Will's skull.

MechTech: probably because there appears to be an A.I. that's on their side, currently occupied with keeping her contained in there. At least, that's how I read it when she tried to upload herself out of that body and into somewhere else, that the A.I. showed up to contain her, hence "Hello, visitor."
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby NickFortune » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Bozeman wrote:I wonder why Fitz took the dead Mechtech body. Or why Tiki Wiki took Will's skull.

The impression I'm getting is that TW is sort of Wikipedia-made-flesh. Or made-whatever TW is made of, since "flesh" seems questionable at the moment.

In any case, I think he's a sort of living encyclopedia; I think he went with the Hand, not because he's "possessed" by Mech-Tech, but because he wants to preserve Mech-Tech, and sees the hand as the most likely way to do that. And I think he took Will's skull because he didn't so much disintegrate will as digitise him - and he needs a DNA sample before Will can be re-constituted.
NickFortune

Return to Fans