Will Erixon! Listen to me! (12/09/11)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Will Erixon! Listen to me! (12/09/11)

Postby bunnyThor » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:41 pm

I was under the impression that when people got cut in half they tended to bleed a lot more. :?
bunnyThor

Re: Will Erixon! Listen to me! (12/09/11)

Postby Alice Macher » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:09 pm

I made the same observation re yesterday's strip, in the blog comments, and wondered whether in fact Joseph was really dead, or alive but made to exist half in one location, half in another. The responses were enlightening and correcting:

Raza wrote:*Wouldn’t* that kill you, over the course of a couple of seconds? I think the lack of gore is partly to keep the comic ‘sanitary’ for picky audiences and partly to signify the cleanness of the cut.

Jason Waltrip wrote:@Raza You are correct in your first paragraph.

Bunny Suction wrote:alicemacher – Check out when Kana got cut in half in the archives. No blood or gore there either. It’s most likely an artistic choice or else out of respect for the squeamish.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Freemage » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:25 am

Bellhop's reaction is... interesting. See what happens when you play with sharp dimensional vortices with your half-brother, Bellsy? (I am now more than ever convinced that Bellhop is Rumy's Xenobaby.)
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby brasca » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:39 am

I still think the portal cauterized as it cut through Joseph, but it's a sci-fi battle so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

I don't know if Bellhop is pretending to be remorseful. Unless there are cameras recording the battle and he's trying to keep up the illusion that they are the good guys who were forced into a fight they didn't want I don't see any other purpose. It's kill or be killed so I don't see why he'd be upset over someone he just killed especially after that person just killed a fellow alien.

As for Rumy she might be able to save Joseph using Animal's blood, but to do so will take what little she has left thus dooming Rikk. This may also drive a wedge between her Shanna and Will since they withheld the identity of the time travelers even if it was for the right reasons.

I'm beginning to wonder if the betrayal may be inadvertent since the time travelers seem to be causing this battle to turn against AEGIS. First Joseph killing Blueberry and now Tiki Wiki keeping future technology a secret that may or may not help this battle.

I'm wondering if Banana refuses any further assistance AEGIS won't be completely without teleportation options. They could always grant a few members of the Order of the Dragon some kind of probation. Donna Braun would be most likely since she was most remorseful, but this could also play into the Hand's propaganda that AEGIS is corrupt and sacrificing justice for the sake of employing criminals.
brasca

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:30 am

I think Bellhop really didn't mean to do that. It looks like he had merely 'ported back in to get a look at the situation - and ended up right where Joseph was, thanks to Joseph deciding to immediately take out Blue instead of finding out what was going on.
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Postby sun tzu » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:06 am

I see the Rumy Misery Rule is still alive and well. :cry:
Not sure what to make of Bellhop's reaction. He could just be remorsing for the cameras, but I do find myself wondering if there might be more to the Hand's goals than we realize...
sun tzu

Postby Zanosuke Kurosaki » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 pm

sun tzu wrote:I see the Rumy Misery Rule is still alive and well. :cry:
Not sure what to make of Bellhop's reaction. He could just be remorsing for the cameras, but I do find myself wondering if there might be more to the Hand's goals than we realize...

Going by him still being on his knees even though Rumy is right in front of him, I think his shock and regret is genuine. Just a bit of a hunch. ;)
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Beep beep, I'm a jeep.
Zanosuke Kurosaki

Return to Fans