Stupid Ideafuckers (12/7/11)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Stupid Ideafuckers (12/7/11)

Postby brasca » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:23 am

Things sure are going to hell in a hurry! And it's confusing too. It seems as though the time travelers or Joseph in particular are the instigators of their own demise. I think Blueberry is dead and so is Joseph unless that portal he opened in the middle of him just separated his body. I'm not sure what Banana was up to, but after watching it's sibling get cut down it will probably bow out of the fight or turn against AEGIS. Banana might've just been confused as to what Rumy's orders were and just ported Rikk out by accident so there wasn't any betrayal on their part just a misunderstanding that Joseph overreacted to. I'm also unsure if the Xenos were just porting out protestors or the cuckoos too. If so then it's notable that Blueberry was porting Wheaties back into the fight so maybe the Xenos aren't cooperating anymore.
brasca

Re: Stupid Ideafuckers (12/7/11)

Postby bunnyThor » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:02 am

You know, there are times when a story line gets so confusing so fast that instead of feeling shaken up, I instead feel completely detached. This is one of those times.

This is either going to make sense in retrospect later or not, but I can't bring myself to care right now. Too many consequential things are happening too abruptly. I just want to duck out and do something else while I wait for the smoke to clear. :?
bunnyThor

Postby sun tzu » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:27 am

*cries*
sun tzu

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:25 am

Suddenly, he's not half the man he used to be.
Bo Lindbergh

Postby TanaNari » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:50 am

Well. This proves one thing.

Bellhop's not loyal to the Hand. If he was. All of team alpha would be dead right now. He didn't use his "kill" power to protect or defend anyone else. And he did just use it to avenge the xenochiclet.

Whatever game is being played here, Bellhop and the xenos belong to a third party. And as much as the xenos' personally cared about aegis (or at least Rumi)- their loyalties to that party are greater.
TanaNari

Postby brasca » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:14 am

TanaNari wrote:Well. This proves one thing.

Bellhop's not loyal to the Hand. If he was. All of team alpha would be dead right now. He didn't use his "kill" power to protect or defend anyone else. And he did just use it to avenge the xenochiclet.

Whatever game is being played here, Bellhop and the xenos belong to a third party. And as much as the xenos' personally cared about aegis (or at least Rumi)- their loyalties to that party are greater.

We've only seen Bellhop do this trick with his power once so far. Like a lot of tricks if you use it more than once people can anticipate it and develop countermeasures. Keep in mind the xenochiclets were marginally on AEGIS' side up until now so they could impede Bellhop's ability to port in and out. Bellhop might open a portal within someone again in the ensuing battle, but he chose his target wisely, the one who murdered Banana's sibling which he could also justify. If he had done this to anyone else the Xenos might rethink what side the The Hand is truly on. The Hand maintains that they are the good guys and so far the Xenos with their communication barrier don't see much of a difference other than AEGIS claiming the Hand is bad. Now an associate of AEGIS killed Blueberry so Banana doesn't need any further convincing.
brasca

Postby sentora » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:31 pm

First her teacher, and now her son been cut in half. That's harsh T.

I'm thinking TanaNari has a point. Bellhop, like Palpatine, could have been playing both the Hand and Aegis against each other for some other goal. Interestingly enough, Bellhop's timing and strategy almost seems planned to affect Rumi more than AEGIS: Rikk, Her son and The Xenochiclets all in one shot.

Makes me wonder if Bellhop's her first baby all grown up and angry for some reason.
Promise tomorrow to endure today.
sentora

Re:

Postby retrophrenologist » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Bo Lindbergh wrote:Suddenly, he's not half the man he used to be.

I guess Joseph had to split!
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Bozeman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:20 pm

What I want to know is: how are the Cuckoos recovering so fast? Bellhop was cut nearly in 1/2.

That being said, if you un-wrinkled his skin and painted him orange, he'd be a dead ringer for Sol-son, Rumy's first kid by Cinnamon. Perhaps he's a human-chiclet hybrid. Perhaps Hyperman copied a human-chiclet hybrid to create him. Either way, it's possible that he's connected to the Xenochiclets. Look at his eyes. They glowed orange. Color is significant in Fans!
Bozeman

Postby Freemage » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:29 am

Bozeman wrote:What I want to know is: how are the Cuckoos recovering so fast? Bellhop was cut nearly in 1/2.

That being said, if you un-wrinkled his skin and painted him orange, he'd be a dead ringer for Sol-son, Rumy's first kid by Cinnamon. Perhaps he's a human-chiclet hybrid. Perhaps Hyperman copied a human-chiclet hybrid to create him. Either way, it's possible that he's connected to the Xenochiclets. Look at his eyes. They glowed orange. Color is significant in Fans!

I noted this possibility back when Bellhop first pulled his "get the Xeno's to step out of the fight" stunt.
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby baf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:55 am

Bellhop, like Palpatine, could have been playing both the Hand and Aegis against each other for some other goal.

Not just like Palpatine, but like Edward from the Order of the Dragon. Who was also a teleporter. Hmm.
baf

Postby TanaNari » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:35 pm

There is mention of a "galactic organization" that deals with the higher level beings in the universe. I should imagine that space-teleporting mind beings like the xenochiclets and whatever Bellhop might be... should probably be quite familiar with said organization.

Maybe they want human culture to move a "certain direction". Teleporter beings WOULD be especially well suited to such functions.
TanaNari

Return to Fans