Time's Up (12/5/11)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Time's Up (12/5/11)

Postby Arky » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm taking it that Rikk has been teleported out by the Yellow chiclet before the blood gets on him.

Obviously, something being up with the chiclets was set up when Bellhop got away from them in the previous encounter. The manner of this betrayal is somewhat strange though: they've completely co-operated with the Canaries being splattered all over the wallpaper here... except to prevent Rikk being cured.

One wonders if they know something we don't, and what appears to be a betrayal isn't.

Oh, and for longer-term Fans readers than myself, what's the significance of Rumy wielding Excalibur?
Arky

Re: Time's Up (12/5/11)

Postby Sri » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Arky wrote:Oh, and for longer-term Fans readers than myself, what's the significance of Rumy wielding Excalibur?

I believe we first see it here when Ally and Rikk are attempting to soften harsh news for Fumy. http://www.faans.com/books1-6/index.php?p=1833 Whether it's been at the house this whole time or not isn't explicitly known (I think not but that's me). In-comic I don't know of any other significance. In legend it was King Arthur's sword and various stories grant it more or less magical power.
If men had wings and bore black feathers few of them would be clever enough to be crows. - Henry Beecher
Sri

Postby retrophrenologist » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Considering the different... expressions, I guess.. on the Xenochiclets, I wonder- were they both in on this, or was it just Banana?
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby IS_Wolf » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Could be a reference to F/SN I suppose, with Rumy possibly being a Saber fan.
IS_Wolf

Postby NickFortune » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:24 am

I know everyone else has been teleported out, but is Animal still at the OWS site?

If so the world just got a good view of Rumy teleporting in and attacking a solitary, non-violent protester with apparent lethal intent. The Hand could spin this nicely.

I think there are several levels here. The Hand try to provoke Aegis in a venue calculated to swing public opinion their way. Aegis know this, but take the bait anyway because they have a deeper goal. Now maybe the hand were expecting that and have a deeper strategy of their own.

I wonder how many more levels there are. And who will be left standing , when the music stops?
NickFortune

Postby brasca » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:33 am

NickFortune wrote:I know everyone else has been teleported out, but is Animal still at the OWS site?

If so the world just got a good view of Rumy teleporting in and attacking a solitary, non-violent protester with apparent lethal intent. The Hand could spin this nicely.

Especially if any cameras capture that gleeful look on Rumy's face.

There's a lot of new questions raised by this like whether Rumy was supposed to attack Animal all along or if she acted on her own? If the Xenochiclets aren't cooperating then where did they teleport the rest of the Hand? Or is only Banana having second thoughts?
brasca

Postby NickFortune » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:54 pm

brasca wrote:Especially if any cameras capture that gleeful look on Rumy's face.

There's a lot of new questions raised by this like whether Rumy was supposed to attack Animal all along or if she acted on her own? If the Xenochiclets aren't cooperating then where did they teleport the rest of the Hand? Or is only Banana having second thoughts?

Also, is Animal's blood supposed to be orange? Or is that being chicletted out, too?
NickFortune

Postby retrophrenologist » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:55 pm

NickFortune wrote:Also, is Animal's blood supposed to be orange? Or is that being chicletted out, too?

Yes, Animal's blood was always orange.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby Freemage » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Okay, so Banana is the betrayer.

Original plan: Rumy swings and spatters the blood, gets it all over Rikk, then he gets cured.

Result of Betrayal: It looks like Rumy attacked for no good reason, Rikk still is infected, and public opinion shifts against Aegis.
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby NickFortune » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Freemage wrote:Okay, so Banana is the betrayer.

Or one of them, anyway. The story title is "Betrayal", not "The Traitor".

There's room for more treachery yet before the dust settles.
NickFortune

Return to Fans