Why Me Alone? (12/2/11)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Why Me Alone? (12/2/11)

Postby brasca » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:51 pm

I wouldn't be so sure Jared. I've been wondering when Ult will be revealed, but the powers he listed sound like Hyperman's who's also seen with the Hand in the future. They could be one and the same to two different Cuckoos. The next move is also unsurprising since they seem intent on capturing Animal to cure Rikk.
brasca

Re: Why Me Alone? (12/2/11)

Postby retrophrenologist » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Because you smell bad, Animal. :)
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby danslepoubelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:17 pm

I don't think Jared gets Rikk. It's not that he cares how he looks, he's just that morally uncompromising.
danslepoubelle

Postby TappingtheLine » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:39 pm

The verb agreement makes more sense with "Will doesn't know the stakes, neither do I" than it does with agreeing with "Might've hesitated" which I assume it's supposed to refer to.
TCampbell wrote:Not that they're not lovable, but that conversation isn't really between Di and her own breasts.
TappingtheLine

Postby Imgran » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Looks like we've still got some old FIB prejudices showing.

Are you kidding, Jared? Rikk was the first guy to agree with Harry when it came down to a need to attack and kill Maximilianna even if that meant attacking and subduing an entire army of relative innocents. Did no one ever tell you that?

Rikk's never been either soft or desperate for popularity. This whole time his thing has been "make sure you're doing the right thing. When you're sure, strike first, strike decisively, and win." If you can't tell the difference between that and a man yearning for mere popularity, you probably don't have the moral compass to hold what Rikk built together.
Imgran

Postby danslepoubelle » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Imgran wrote:Looks like we've still got some old FIB prejudices showing.

Are you kidding, Jared? Rikk was the first guy to agree with Harry when it came down to a need to attack and kill Maximilianna even if that meant attacking and subduing an entire army of relative innocents. Did no one ever tell you that?

Rikk's never been either soft or desperate for popularity. This whole time his thing has been "make sure you're doing the right thing. When you're sure, strike first, strike decisively, and win." If you can't tell the difference between that and a man yearning for mere popularity, you probably don't have the moral compass to hold what Rikk built together.

Well put, as much as i like Jared this arc has me wondering if he is the right man for this job without Rikk at his side.
danslepoubelle

Postby TanaNari » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:18 am

I think it has Jared wondering if he's the right man for the job without Rikk by his side.

Jared KNOWS he's not Rikk. He doesn't quite seem to understand exactly what the differences between them- but he does know, whatever they are, it make Rikk the best.
TanaNari

Return to Fans