Exacerbate This (11/28/11)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Exacerbate This (11/28/11)

Postby brasca » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Interesting that the Hand is with an OWS rally considering their authoritarian tendencies. Of course it's all just to goad AEGIS into another conversation.

On a side note this might sound stupid, but out of all the unbelievable stuff that has happened I find it really hard to believe that NASA's telescopes found Vermith floating in space. Considering the vast emptiness even within our upper atmosphere you'd be more likely to find him floating in the Pacific. Unless he had a GPS in his pocket they'd never find him.
brasca

Re: Exacerbate This (11/28/11)

Postby x1372 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Eh, the hand probably put him there intentionally to showcase Aegis' failure to protect him to the world.

Also, I'm not exactly seeing the taser being anywhere near brutality in this case, given what is known about the hand.

"You've blatantly attempted to murder government agents on multiple occasions, and we have an incredible amount of evidence that you murdered mister Vermith. You're incredibly powerful and dangerous and clearly not coming quietly. Yet its brutality if a taser hits one of you?"

Situation here is just a tiiiiiiiiiiny bit different when dealing with superpowered killers than peaceful protestors. If anything the cops should be working damn hard to try to get everyone else away from these maniacs rather than trying to negotiate with them.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes.
x1372

Postby retrophrenologist » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:34 pm

x1372, the Hand were just standing there when Animal got tased. besides, it's not a matter of what you think- it's a matter of what the huge crowd of protesters think.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby sun tzu » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:59 am

I'm...impressed by how much I hate these guys.
sun tzu

Postby brasca » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 am

retrophrenologist wrote:x1372, the Hand were just standing there when Animal got tased. besides, it's not a matter of what you think- it's a matter of what the huge crowd of protesters think.

Exactly. They have 2 fold strategy of winning over public opinion and goading AEGIS into making a move the next move.
brasca

Postby Freemage » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:16 am

What depresses me most is that apparently, in the Fans!verse, this would actually have a chance of working. Meanwhile, when the cops in the real world crack open the skull of an Iraq War vet with a tear-gas canister, the public decides it's the fault of the Occupy Movement.

I suppose Rikk & Co. have had a more profound effect on how the public views authority than I thought.
T. Campbell (yeah, HIM) wrote:If Freemage did not exist, it might have been necessary to invent him.

dianekikiula wrote:My sig is jealous of your sig now. :P
Valerie wrote:
I'm leaving Paps for you.
Freemage, do you have a fanclub yet, and can I please join?
Freemage

Postby brasca » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Freemage wrote:What depresses me most is that apparently, in the Fans!verse, this would actually have a chance of working. Meanwhile, when the cops in the real world crack open the skull of an Iraq War vet with a tear-gas canister, the public decides it's the fault of the Occupy Movement.

I suppose Rikk & Co. have had a more profound effect on how the public views authority than I thought.

Well considering that the Order of the Dragon had a beef about the current world's disrespect for traditional authority it's apparent that questioning authority is not only normal, but encouraged in the Fans! verse. The Hand is using that to their advantage and considering today's strip Rikk and the rest may have lost sight of that.
brasca

Postby Arky » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:56 am

What would be hilarious is if this is actually a fake AEGIS created by the Cuckoos to get sympathy for themselves, and the next strip cuts to the real AEGIS being prevented in some fashion from interfering (either due to betrayal from the chiclets or an attack from whichever Cuckoos are not actually present at the rally or due to Feddyg).
Arky

Return to Fans