(11/21/11) NEVER!

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

(11/21/11) NEVER!

Postby Mr. Brightside » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Well, at least she's forgotten all about the blowjob. Maybe she should keep more track of what she's saying when she's too apoplectic to think about what she's saying.
(There has never been a signature.)
Mr. Brightside

Re: (11/21/11) NEVER!

Postby MURPHYCHACHO » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:09 am

Am I the only one who thought "Hell yes!" as my instinctive reaction to this comic? Granted, Shanna is way out of line with slapping him, but Marc needed a serious wake-up call. She's expressed a desire to work things out with Will and turned down Marc's romantic advances in the past, yet he continues to act like they're on the verge of a relationship. I understand how hard it is to get over someone you have feelings for and that sometimes things can accidentally slip out when you're still sorting through those feelings, but if Marc really respected Shanna he would have backed off a long time ago.
MURPHYCHACHO

Postby Muttley » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:04 am

Orange alert,eh? Patrick McGoohan's shade looks on.

Marc is way out of line. Shanna is married to his boss, is a member of the same force and (in experience at least, if not in actual rank) his superior. A slap is getting away lightly.

Yet, knowing Marc, he will spin this into a come-on - "She must really care to have had such a strong reaction".
Muttley

Postby retrophrenologist » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Reading this strip, my first reaction was, 'Man, Shanna is just terrified of losing Will, isn't she?' Look at the tears in her eyes in panel 2! Plus, with the testimony of the time-travellers, the end must seem almost inevitable. Is she talking to Marc or herself in the third panel? Does she even know?
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Postby sun tzu » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:30 am

MURPHYCHACHO wrote:Am I the only one who thought "Hell yes!" as my instinctive reaction to this comic? Granted, Shanna is way out of line with slapping him, but Marc needed a serious wake-up call.

He needs it all right.
Not sure he got it, though. Marc's got some serious blind spots.
sun tzu

Return to Fans