You Haven't Yet Seen Me Prickly (11/14/11)

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

You Haven't Yet Seen Me Prickly (11/14/11)

Postby brasca » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Shanna makes a good point, but if this matter of sussing out the traitor and preventing the Hand from winning the third encounter teleporting might be preferable to teleconferencing since Mech Tech might be able to hack even their private channels.
brasca

Re: You Haven't Yet Seen Me Prickly (11/14/11)

Postby Imgran » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Except that the closest thing to a betrayal that has actually happened since the hand was the xenochiclets letting Bellhop go. That's how Vermith was killed, and how the Hand got clear, while accomplishing pretty much everything they'd wanted to do. So Shanna's right about exercising caution in using the alien teleporters anyway.
Imgran

Postby brasca » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:27 am

Imgran wrote:Except that the closest thing to a betrayal that has actually happened since the hand was the xenochiclets letting Bellhop go. That's how Vermith was killed, and how the Hand got clear, while accomplishing pretty much everything they'd wanted to do. So Shanna's right about exercising caution in using the alien teleporters anyway.

I thought Bellhop won the tug-o-war with the Xenos. He might've confused them to achieve this, but if they temporarily let go that's not necessarily an act of betrayal. Seeing as how Vermith ended up spaced and not before a court of law like the Hand intended I think his death was an accident albeit on the hands of the Hand.
brasca

Postby Aydr » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:55 pm

brasca wrote:
Imgran wrote:Except that the closest thing to a betrayal that has actually happened since the hand was the xenochiclets letting Bellhop go. That's how Vermith was killed, and how the Hand got clear, while accomplishing pretty much everything they'd wanted to do. So Shanna's right about exercising caution in using the alien teleporters anyway.

I thought Bellhop won the tug-o-war with the Xenos. He might've confused them to achieve this, but if they temporarily let go that's not necessarily an act of betrayal. Seeing as how Vermith ended up spaced and not before a court of law like the Hand intended I think his death was an accident albeit on the hands of the Hand.

He didn't just confuse them. He convinced them to stop fighting him.
TCampbell wrote:Besides which, Aydr's right.
Aydr

Return to Fans