9 Nov 11: Y'can come home to stay

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

9 Nov 11: Y'can come home to stay

Postby retrophrenologist » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Rumy's baffling preference for Barbara Gordon Batgirl over Cass Cain Batgirl is one of the few aspects of her character that really irritate me. :)
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Re: 9 Nov 11: Y'can come home to stay

Postby danslepoubelle » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:59 am

retrophrenologist wrote:Rumy's baffling preference for Barbara Gordon Batgirl over Cass Cain Batgirl is one of the few aspects of her character that really irritate me. :)

If The Hand exposed Rumy's contentious stance on the Batgirl issue, it's no surprise support for AEGIS crumbled. A high ranking pro-steph official is tolerable, but a Gordonite, even in this world the american public isn't ready.
danslepoubelle

Re: 9 Nov 11: Y'can come home to stay

Postby NickFortune » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:28 pm

retrophrenologist wrote:Rumy's baffling preference for Barbara Gordon Batgirl over Cass Cain Batgirl is one of the few aspects of her character that really irritate me. :)

I can imagine how that would happen though. Babs Gordon's Batgirl had a sort of effortless happy charm and sophistication that Rumi would dearly love posses, and that she never will.

Sure, she could kick the butt of any of the Bat-Family, up to and possibly including Batman himself. But she'll never match babs in this one respect.

Cass Cain on the other hand does mean and moody, and Rumi's got that down pat. Nothing to aspire to there.
NickFortune

Return to Fans