The Q&A thread

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

Re: The Q&A thread

Postby TCampbell » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:56 pm

brasca wrote:
TCampbell wrote:
brasca wrote:Since you've now revealed that Feddyg is dead I'm curious as to who all was killed when AEGIS was destroyed or if some people were incarcerated elsewhere. There didn't appear to be that many people on Jared's list that cooperated. Regarding the Order of the Dragon I would've thought Michael Hus would agree to get out of prison and while Xi was one of the hardest to beat he didn't strike me as malicious. Then again he might be incarcerated by China's AEGIS equivalent. I don't know how much has changed since FIB was reorganized.

I always meant to get around to Hus and Xi, but in my mind neither of them lasted long in prison, and neither ended up in AEGIS, but in similarly-designed cells closer to their home territory. Hus' ego couldn't take the blow and he committed suicide by prison guard. Xi retreated to his books until the Chinese government quietly arranged an "accident" in his holding cell.

Makes me think you were alluding to that when Keith mentioned being transferred to a less secure facility where something could happen to him without actually saying it. I like exposition, but admittedly it can get clunky. I know Gorzynski would never cooperate since he'd be content dying with the knowledge that humanity was about to be wiped out, but was he at AEGIS or a European prison since he was some important official at the Vatican? It probably doesn't matter, but my curiosity is piqued.

Brazilian, actually, since that's where he committed his acts of terror. He doesn't have long, either: Fitz's body only had a couple more good years in it and that was with Fitz's joie de vivre holding it up.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Twitcher » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Does Dotty have Asperger's, autism, or Down's Syndrome?
Twitcher

Postby TCampbell » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:59 am

Twitcher wrote:Does Dotty have Asperger's, autism, or Down's Syndrome?

Dotty had some Asperger's tendencies which were exacerbated by her father's brutal killing and mother's trauma.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Alice Macher » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:04 am

Really? I'd assumed Dotty was developmentally delayed but with Savant syndrome. She doesn't "read" like someone with Asperger's. Although to be sure, every case of Asperger's is different, as with any syndrome.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Bunny Suction » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:05 pm

TCampbell wrote:
sun tzu wrote:
Thray wrote:In the war with the original general, there was a point where they visited "the future that would have happened if the general hadn't attacked." In that future there was a reference to the "war against the aliens".

Question 1: were these aliens the cuckoos?

Unless this has been retconned since, I'm pretty sure those aliens were the Eaters (the disembodied mouths that tried to invade back during the Mr. Mist arc).

Sun Tzu is correct.

Wait, now I'm confused... from page 2 of this thread:

TCampbell wrote:
Stevarious wrote:Ooooh, a Q&A thread! How delightful!

Here is my question: Is this battle with the Cuckoos the 'War for Earth' that Kath mentions here? http://www.faans.com/books1-6/index.php?p=954

More or less, yes! (Allowing for alterations in the timeline.)

So was it the Eaters or the Cuckoos?
Bunny Suction

Postby TCampbell » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:30 am

Alice Macher wrote:Really? I'd assumed Dotty was developmentally delayed but with Savant syndrome. She doesn't "read" like someone with Asperger's. Although to be sure, every case of Asperger's is different, as with any syndrome.

To be sure.

Come to think of it, "savant" might be a better description in this case, given that she was bright enough that Julie considered her (with Tiki Wiki backing her up) her logical successor. Both those disorders are poorly understood and poorly mapped-out, and sometimes confused with one another. I hedged a bit there by saying "some Asperger's tendencies," thinking primarily of her relative clumsiness and trouble with nonverbal communication.

She definitely clings to her childlike mentality, out a simple desire to go back to the period where she and her family were happiest.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby TCampbell » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Bunny Suction wrote:
TCampbell wrote:
sun tzu wrote:
Thray wrote:In the war with the original general, there was a point where they visited "the future that would have happened if the general hadn't attacked." In that future there was a reference to the "war against the aliens".

Question 1: were these aliens the cuckoos?

Unless this has been retconned since, I'm pretty sure those aliens were the Eaters (the disembodied mouths that tried to invade back during the Mr. Mist arc).

Sun Tzu is correct.

Wait, now I'm confused... from page 2 of this thread:

TCampbell wrote:
Stevarious wrote:Ooooh, a Q&A thread! How delightful!

Here is my question: Is this battle with the Cuckoos the 'War for Earth' that Kath mentions here? http://www.faans.com/books1-6/index.php?p=954

More or less, yes! (Allowing for alterations in the timeline.)

So was it the Eaters or the Cuckoos?

I was right the first time: I didn't realize that these two questions were about the same thing. There were other references to the Eaters within "Times of War," which led to some confusion on my end as I remembered.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Thray » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:36 pm

What color are Keith's eyes & hair?
Thray

Postby TCampbell » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Thray wrote:What color are Keith's eyes & hair?

Green and dark red.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Thray » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:56 pm

How did the Earth beat the cuckoos in the alternate timeline where Maximilianna never visited, Mist was dictator, etc. Was it mostly the FIB/Mist?

Did Keith ever kill anyone before the events of Order of the Dragon?

Did the Mr. T golem here fade because of Marc's little speech, or because the Order's attention was distracted?
Thray

Postby TCampbell » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Thray wrote:How did the Earth beat the cuckoos in the alternate timeline where Maximilianna never visited, Mist was dictator, etc. Was it mostly the FIB/Mist?

Did Keith ever kill anyone before the events of Order of the Dragon?

Did the Mr. T golem here fade because of Marc's little speech, or because the Order's attention was distracted?

Mist's administration in that world was too powerful to usurp, so yes.

As a crooked cop, Keith got up to all sorts of nastiness as long as he could cover it up.

Marc's little speech made him lose "integrity."
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Thray » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks for the answers. Man, I'm going to miss staying up late waiting for the latest Fans update.
Thray

Postby sun tzu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:25 am

I'm going to miss saving it for last when I check my webcomics in the morning.
sun tzu

Postby Bozeman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Real quick: what are Will and Shanna's exact positions within AEGIS? I'm still fuzzy after reading it a few times. Did Shanna take Jared's place, or Will's when HE took Jared's place?
Bozeman

Postby TCampbell » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Bozeman wrote:Real quick: what are Will and Shanna's exact positions within AEGIS? I'm still fuzzy after reading it a few times. Did Shanna take Jared's place, or Will's when HE took Jared's place?

Shanna took Jared's place, and Will essentially stayed put. That's the official ranking, but as Rikk did with Jared, Will is going to be providing Shanna a lot of support and consultation in her new role-- even more so, given their relationship. After her brush with death in the Oval Office, the Erixons are agreed that it's time for her to get out of the line of fire.
TCampbell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Fans