The Q&A thread

Science-fiction fans discuss other science-fiction fans, who are fiction.

The Q&A thread

Postby TappingtheLine » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:30 pm

I was about to go post in the Q&A thread "Seriously, what's up with Maxie's outfit?" but then I realized there isn't such a thread in this forum since the hacking.

So either this can be that thread, or T can post one that he actually started. His choice.
TCampbell wrote:Not that they're not lovable, but that conversation isn't really between Di and her own breasts.
TappingtheLine

Re: The Q&A thread

Postby TCampbell » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:04 pm

This works for me!

Julie's uniform (she's not General Maximillianna, even though Jayespin tried his best to make her so) is something I left entirely in Jason's hands, but I think it's a cross between the symbolic and the practical. She wants to be able to fight and move quickly (that cape can either serve her, or detach in a pinch). But she also wants to be something of an inspiration, and the more superhero-ish aspects of her dress reflect that. She is wearing a strength-enhancing "skinsuit" descended from the kind Rumy and Di wear.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:18 am

TCampbell wrote:This works for me!

Don't forget to stickify it.
Bo Lindbergh

Postby bunnyThor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 am

What made you decide that Muppets -- I'm sorry I mean "Mhuppets" -- were evil and dangerous, especially considering how utterly benign they were in our universe before Henson's death.
bunnyThor

Postby TCampbell » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:51 am

bunnyThor wrote:What made you decide that Muppets -- I'm sorry I mean "Mhuppets" -- were evil and dangerous, especially considering how utterly benign they were in our universe before Henson's death.

I sure didn't put a lot of thought into this one. I was looking for bad guys of a certain bizarre flavor (to mimic the vibe of X-Files) and the Muppets seemed like fertile ground that no one had tilled before.

Also, "before Henson's death?" My impression is they didn't change too much after. Did Gonzo go on a recent murder spree without his creator's gentle influence holding him back?
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby bunnyThor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:22 pm

TCampbell wrote:Also, "before Henson's death?" My impression is they didn't change too much after. Did Gonzo go on a recent murder spree without his creator's gentle influence holding him back?

Well, after that, they lost a lot of their funny, then sold their soul to Disney.

Not evil, exactly, but certainly less benign.
bunnyThor

Postby sun tzu » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:45 pm

bunnyThor wrote:
TCampbell wrote:Also, "before Henson's death?" My impression is they didn't change too much after. Did Gonzo go on a recent murder spree without his creator's gentle influence holding him back?

Well, after that, they lost a lot of their funny, then sold their soul to Disney.

Not evil, exactly, but certainly less benign.

The Muppets Christmas Carol and The Muppets Treasure Island - not to mention all their recent YouTube sketches - all came after Jim Henson's death.
I'd say they're still all right. :P
sun tzu

Postby Malanthyus » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:28 am

Look up the youtube rendition of "a boy and his frog" for a guaranteed tear jerker.

On topic: Purchased the subscription for the extras in the archives, and now have no idea how to access it, any ideas?
Malanthyus

Postby TCampbell » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:16 pm

You should now have an e-mail that tells you how to do this!
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby Malanthyus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Got it, thanks. And awesome stuff btw.

In other news: Sorry if this was cleared up somewhere, but what exactly happened to the first baddy the Sci-Fi club fought, "Thack"(etc, etc extremely long name here). I know he was held in the unconcious collective, and there was a brief moment where he was working with Tim during Shanna's breakout, but not sure what happened after that. In one comic he was listed as being as Dead as Mist and General Maximiliana, but no real clue how. Any info would be appreciated.
Malanthyus

Postby TCampbell » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Thack's intelligence didn't seem to survive the events of "Ex Machina," but his body was killed anyway not long afterward: those same events made the F.I.B. label him too dangerous to live. Tim briefly believed Thack might have survived as the machine intelligence "Cloud," but Cloud's personality and apparent goals are too different from Thack's to justify that theory.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby TappingtheLine » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:56 pm

How old was Vermith when we met him, and how old is he now?
TCampbell wrote:Not that they're not lovable, but that conversation isn't really between Di and her own breasts.
TappingtheLine

Postby TCampbell » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:03 pm

I'd say fifties, and sixties.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby FarkUp » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:45 am

When I click on Extras in the top-right corner of the Faans! page, I'm taken to an old page, and while the top two links work, for the FANS club character parodies, the two links for the user-generated content/fanart don't work.
I was so sad when I clicked on the link for a Fans! universe version of Gurps and found naught but a broken link.
FarkUp

Postby retrophrenologist » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:54 am

That is a disappointment that we must all eventually face, FarkUp.
"I am the spirit that denies. All that you call sin and destruction-- or evil, if you will-- that is my proper element."
retrophrenologist

Next

Return to Fans