Introductions

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Introductions

Postby Lime19 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:15 am

Seeing as it is a new forum, I thought it would be cool to get some of the regulars and some of newbies to introduce themselves.

WHO AM I: I'm a 19 year old university student (studying Marketing) who is kept very busy with community causes. I'm like a grown up Aggie as I own two non profits and spend most of my time volunteering (have a heap of money saved from a job in a video store). I LOVE penny and aggie, not only because I'm only recently out of high school and can see how honest it's potrayal is, but because the stories are always well developed and the drawing just superb. I hail from Australia and although I'm not a regular internet user Penny and Aggie is the first website that I click on.

Penny and Aggie should be getting awards. I forsee a television show as well. Seriously it's top stuff! Thanks for keeping me entertained and I'm keen on knowing what other people on the forum do and why the love Penny and Aggie so much. I promise to buy a comic as soon as I pay my credit card balance :P

GET TO IT PEOPLE! WHO ARE YOU?!?!? WHAT DO YOU LIVE FOR?!?!?! (etc)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead
Lime19

Postby daanton » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:15 am

G'day, Lime19, and welcome aboard!

Whereabouts in Oz are you from?
daanton

Postby Kina » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:21 pm

Well, since I never did it on the old board and certainly wouldn't do it without prompting ...

I'm an 18 year old double-major in History and Economics. I come from the west coast, my beloved Oregon, and am trapped in Texas for school. (I will soon be leaving for California). I play video games like a nerd and am quite the athlete.

I enjoy Penny and Aggie because of the interactions between the two. Between the commentary on each other's chosen life styles and the locking of horns wit-wise, they are quite amusing to observe. I know a lot, A LOT, of people see Aggie's actions as exceedingly immature and almost pernicious in nature, but I have to disagree. She pushes Penny's limits and forces Penny to be a better person (think back to the bus scene where Penny imagined Aggie on her shoulder!). Sure, she teases Penny, but it isn't like Penny doesn't tease back. I also adore Penny for breaking the rules of being blonde and for leading a herd of some of the most vicious women in her school. It's kind of sexy. ;)
/$0.02
Kina

Postby Miyu-hime » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:39 pm

I live in Buffalo, NY but originate from Merced, CA. I do webdesign and graphics, but Im starting into photography and modeling. I expect the photography will take me furth than the dabbling in modeling.

None of that pays enough, so Im also a retail manager at oe job, and a mall photographer at another ;)

I like anime, scifi, and martial arts....and um, I dunno what else to say LOL!
Miyu-hime

Postby Magick Lorelai » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:43 pm

Hiyo! ^^

I'm a 21-year-old English-Major college student dwelling somewhere in the middle of the deserts of Arizona. I love to write, and I've always doodled in notebooks and spare paper for as long as I can remember. I've been into webcomics for a long time, mostly thanks to a friend showing me Penny Arcade, then Keenspot. It's been thanks to reading webcomics that I was inspired to get into drawing comics of my own. A Loooong time ago, I read Fans on Keenspot, and Cool Cat Studio. I was a fan of both comics, and was very disappointed when CCS ended. Skip ahead a few years, and I come across Penny and Aggie. Reading through what archives were there, I was in love with the plot, characters, and art, and have stuck around ever since. The characters are easily identifiable with, and have only become more interesting as "things"happen to them.
Magick Lorelai

Postby OneGirlAlone » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:57 pm

Old Lurker, New Poster!
Hi, I'm a 17-year-old high-schooler dwelling in Northern Ontario. I like writing and doodling upon the margins of my math notebook.
I love webcomics and this one's a goodie! I enjoy Penny and Aggie because of the fantastic art and writing.
My favourite characters in "P&A" are Karen (because anytime I see her in the comic I know I'm about to be greatly entertained by her schemes :twisted: ) and Penny (because she's so confident and not the usual bitch-blonde portrayed by Hollywood in high school settings).
OneGirlAlone

Postby Sumesse » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:18 pm

I'm an 18 year old high school Senior in Jawjuh. Hi!

I like literature, sociology, and thar internetz. I dabble in comics, but not seriously.

I stumbled upon P&A, read one comic, and immediately slashed the two main girls. The story ended up being very interesting and the characters very real, plus the artwork was great. So I've been reading for a while. I like how the characters are dynamic and are constantly affecting and being affected by each other.

=D
Sumesse

Postby meliasaurus » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:30 pm

I'm Amelia
I'm 18.
I go to Akron University, and I am undecided on my major.
i like movies, and reading books. I live for music.
i've liked webcomics since i've had a computer. I originally started reading Nothing Nice to Say. and started looking into others from there. i also read questionable content, married to the sea, and various work from mitch clem and joe dunn. :)
I have to say that penny is my favorite. I relate to her. Because people expect because we're pretty or rich that we're going to be bitchy and spoiled. But if they took to the time to get to know me they'd know i'm no better or worse than anyone else.
meliasaurus

And now it's my turn!

Postby Shmey » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:39 am

I'm a returner from the old forums. My name is Justin.

I'm not among the oldest who posted on those forums, but I've been out of high school for long enough to have forgotten most of it. I've recently started running again. It's a bit hard to get back into, but the more I do it, the greater my passion grows.

I'm from TX. I've lived on both coasts, though. I loved San Diego, but I would like to see what some other big cities are like. Finister is probably my favorite character.

Lewt dee doo, what else can I bore you with? Ah, yes. I wanna learn to fly airplanes! I guess that's about it.
Hang on, Leetah! And if he tries to bite -- BITE HIM BACK!
Shmey

Postby Butterfly » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:22 am

Hi! A newbie here yupyup.

I'm a 24 year old Canadian girl, but not for much longer as I'm heading out to spend the rest of the year in Melbourne, Australia in a few weeks time. I have a degree in Humanties and History...which means if I ever want to do more than serve fries I gotta get a teaching degree too. Other than that, I'm just a bit of a nerd who loves fantasy novels, anime & manga, and being a dork with friends.

I've been a fan of P&A for a few months now and its rapidly climbed right up my list of webcomics to be the first I check in the morning and one of my top faves. I don't really have a favourite character so much as I love the dynamics between them all. I'm in it for the plot and the interactions I guess.
Butterfly

Postby quartex » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:30 am

I've been reading P&A for several months, but the new forums gave me an excuse to register. Yay!

I actually live in Buffalo, New York, as well. I recently moved here from Boston, Massachusetts to work as a computer programmer for a small software company. I went to Carleton College out in Minnesota, so I've travelled a bit. I'm a science fiction and fantasy fan, and probably read too many webcomics. My favorites are: Order of the Stick, Girls with Slingshots, PvP and Xkcd. I used to read Cool Cat Studio, but think that P&A is even better. I love how the strip has evolved and developed over the years.
Last edited by quartex on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
quartex

Postby oddtail » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:39 am

Hi there.

I am 20, I'm a college student (English Studies, major: Linguistics) from Warsaw, Poland (*).

My interests include linguistics (I'm one lucky bastard, studying what actually fascinates me), art of various sorts (from music of all sorts to comics to literature - mainly prose, but poetry also works for me - ), theatre (acting is actually one of my more prominent hobbies), and others, too numerous to mention. A sizeable amount of them quite geeky (to name three, I am a big fan of RPG, I'm a furry, and I can ramble about languages for a few hours).

I might add that I used to draw a lot, and still do it from time to time. My drawings are a bit limited in their scope, as they are mostly furry art.

Additionally, I'm a webcomic junkie. I read well over thirty of them on a regular basis, and I only ever read a webcomic *regularly* if I'm absolutely thrilled with it, which should say how many I read *overall*.

I've been reading P&A for a few months now, I think. It's certainly one of the best webcomics I've seen. I particularly like the deep, realistic characters, but the storylines and art are not far behind =).

(*) that's the country between Germany and the former Soviet republics, for those of you who happen not to know (hey, you still can't be worse than that one person who thought Poland was near Kazakhstan, so don't worry).
oddtail

Postby CEOIII » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:58 am

GET TO IT PEOPLE! WHO ARE YOU?!?!? WHAT DO YOU LIVE FOR?!?!?!

I'm Charlie, and I live for those "where the hell are they going with this?" moments in webcomics. Like Kharisma's trial in S*P, or "who's the 6th" in P&A.

I'm 33, and I have NO idea what to do with my life.

I think a lot of the world's problems could be solved if murder were legal for 1 month, but you couldn't kill a government employee. That's at least 80% of celebritites, political commentators, and stupid people dead.

I think if you were offended by Borat, you missed the point.

I think Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell should be locked in a room to hash out their differences........and that room should be blown up once the door's locked.

I think the Karen/Marshall thing should end in a meltdown. I'm not saying he should hurt her, I'm saying a lot of yelling, a lot of crying, a LOUD domestic incident........and if there has to be violence, he should go to the body. Twice. Two hard body shots are enough to drop anyone.

I'm sure I'll think of more when I've had my morning OJ.
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby Kashi » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:22 pm

I'm Monika, and I'm *Holds up both hands and both feet* This many!
(just think, I'll only be able to do that until June.)

I'm a third year Graphic Design student from New Brunswick, probably going to take fashion design after this.

I read a ridiculous number of webcomics, but my favorites... P&A, QC, OOTS, wigu, Overcompensating, NN2S, Dr Mcninja...

I have 2 of my own webcomic(s), though they be but babies.

right then.
THANKS FO' THA PIZZAH, HOMESLICE!
Kashi

Postby Freemage » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:38 pm

I think I may be the Local Grumpy Old Man on this board at the ripe age of 37.

I regularly follow no less than 50 webcomics, though many of these are checked sporadically and re-consumed in mass doses of archive-trawl, while others are checked many times a day just on the off chance that they've been updated again (Penny & Aggie falls into the latter category).

I'm an Kirkegaardian Existentialist, which means that I'm fully aware that my decision to choose my faith was just that, and I accept (and embrace) that it is inherently irrational. Organized religion puts me into a frenzy, though. It also means that I know the real meaning and origin of the word 'angst'. It has nothing to do with black eyeshadow and fishnets.

As one of the senior members of Generation X, I am also a master slacker. My employer and I have a mutual understanding--I pretend to work, they pretend to pay me.

Bookshelves outnumber all other types of large furniture in my apartment combined. I still have more books than bookshelf space.

Somehow, I've conned the most wonderful woman in the world into agreeing to marry me. Don't scare her off.

Through years of rigorous and often painful self-transformation, I have evolved into a higher life-form, capable of ingesting [url="http://www.gourmetmikes.com/datoinsa.html"]hot sauces[/url] in quantities that would kill mere mortals. Do not bite me; my blood burns.

I'm a bigger geek than you could ever hope to be--trust me on this. Maybe not in depth (ie, number of hours spent on any individual geekish pursuit), but in breadth---you name it, I've been there, and probably still am. When you start writing fan-fanfiction (yes, that's fanfiction derived from other people's fanfiction, rather than the original source material), I'll take note. When you actually start doing voluntary editing duties on other people's fan-fanfic for an online fanfic forum, then I'll really be impressed. (Yes, that's language geek on top of internet geek on top of whatever the fan geekdom in question is. Geek hat-trick FTW.) GenCon is my Jerusalem, and Origins is my Mecca.

I'm quite willing to state my opinions strongly. However, I will also forthrightly admit to and apologize for any errors or unintentional insults. Intentional insults will be apologized for only if they are out of line in the first place.
Freemage

Next

Return to General Discussion