Dinner for six

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby Sumesse » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:21 am

I love that Justice/Liberty drawing!

But also: Karen and Marshal are so painfully cute together in this comic.

More importantly: KAREN ANGRY! DANGER AHEAD
Sumesse

Fire!

Postby Shmey » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:46 am

I'm beginning to think Karen believes she the only girl worthy of being in Marshall's life.
Hang on, Leetah! And if he tries to bite -- BITE HIM BACK!
Shmey

Postby isobel » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:36 am

Oh. My. God. The only thing keeping me from asking where the Irony Fairy is in this strip is knowing he's having a heart attack on the floor. 'Cause seriously, Karen... :lol:
isobel

Postby Freemage » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:26 am

I still can't see Penny getting the invite. Lisa or Duane, sure. But they haven't gotten to the point of actually hanging together in any way, shape or form--there's no way Aggie would ask Penny for back-up on something like this.
Freemage

Postby Black Mantha » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:31 am

SniperCT wrote:
iRobot wrote:
SniperCT wrote:o.O If that quote is true, that's an interesting 'couple' :shock:

Speaking of interesting couples... I love your avatar. Liberty and Justice for all. Indeed. :)

I forgot who I got it from. But I love it, I had the full picture around somewhere, once.. XD

I've seen it before. Go here.
Seeing, believing
Dreaming, deceiving
- Nightwish, Sleepwalker
Black Mantha

Postby Sebastian » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Freemage wrote:I still can't see Penny getting the invite. Lisa or Duane, sure. But they haven't gotten to the point of actually hanging together in any way, shape or form--there's no way Aggie would ask Penny for back-up on something like this.

Why not!? If she know that Karen would be there, what better choice than Penny?
Sebastian

Postby Freemage » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:42 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Freemage wrote:I still can't see Penny getting the invite. Lisa or Duane, sure. But they haven't gotten to the point of actually hanging together in any way, shape or form--there's no way Aggie would ask Penny for back-up on something like this.

Why not!? If she know that Karen would be there, what better choice than Penny?

Because she can get the same sort of moral support from Lisa (who agrees with her assessment of Karen) without having to worry about bad blood between herself and Penny creating additional complications.

If she were attempting an intervention with Marshall to try and tell him how ebil Karen really is, then Penny might be a suitable choice. But at this point, Aggie's just expecting to eat dinner with Dad and his new lady, and her kid. Barring some contrivance, Penny simply isn't the person Aggie would turn to for support in an emergency.
Freemage

Postby meliasaurus » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:12 pm

Yes she still doesn't know that Karen might be there.

But maybe... they eat out and penny is at the restaraunt!!?

i know i'm reaching.
meliasaurus

Postby badkittyface » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:17 am

maybe the sixth dinner guest is Finister, and Charisma freaks out when she sees a rat at the table. X)
badkittyface

Postby daanton » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:06 am

badkittyface wrote:maybe the sixth dinner guest is Finister, and Charisma freaks out when she sees a rat at the table. X)

Sounds... promising. You're never too old to freak in front a rat. :wink:
daanton

Postby Maritza Campos » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:24 pm

The most interesting thing about all this for me is that it gives Marshall and Aggie something Marshall and Karen don't have. Understanding. Both have only one parent, and I think Aggie would me a much better listener than Karen when it comes to this issues, since she's already there.
College Roomies from Hell!!!
http://www.crfh.net
Maritza Campos

Postby Kudzu Vines » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:09 pm

isobel wrote:Oh. My. God. The only thing keeping me from asking where the Irony Fairy is in this strip is knowing he's having a heart attack on the floor. 'Cause seriously, Karen... :lol:

Nah, he already left the comic strip. Retired. He ain't comin' back. :D
Kudzu Vines

Postby daanton » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:20 pm

Kudzu Vines wrote:
isobel wrote:Oh. My. God. The only thing keeping me from asking where the Irony Fairy is in this strip is knowing he's having a heart attack on the floor. 'Cause seriously, Karen... :lol:

Would you have missed him/her?? 8)
daanton

Postby meliasaurus » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:11 pm

Maritza Campos wrote:The most interesting thing about all this for me is that it gives Marshall and Aggie something Marshall and Karen don't have. Understanding. Both have only one parent, and I think Aggie would me a much better listener than Karen when it comes to this issues, since she's already there.

remember in her day dream though... aggie imagined that marshall lost his mom too.
to a point it seems she would also use the lack of a parent to her advantage. maybe not so much like karen does... and maybe it's ok because she knows she's doing it. i dont know.
meliasaurus

Postby Kudzu Vines » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:56 pm

daanton wrote:
Kudzu Vines wrote:

Would you have missed him/her?? 8)

Heh heh... nah, I probably woulda grabbed his hammer and given him a bop with it.
Kudzu Vines

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion