Cast Page!

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:02 am

Interesting things I notice from the cast page:

-It seems like a bunch of minor characters made the cut. Bob & Elmer almost seem tossed in as a joke as of right now (they're the two guys who get briefly seen in many background shots if I'm not mistaken), but you never know, maybe they just want to avoid "WHUHHH? Who are THESE GUYS?" topics if they ever actually WRITE stuff about these two. Same goes from Fred & Daphne, Cyndi and Samantha (she's said what, three things?)

-Tossing in bios for all the anti-Penny people (Karen, Samantha, Meg and possibly Cyndi) while at the SAME TIME mentioning in each bio that they dislike Penny (or in Cyndi's case, haven't chosen a side), pretty much makes it clear that something big's about to happen on that front. Sorta like those moments in a movie where the bad guys get all their soldiers in a big line after spending 40 minutes building them up, and prepare to go to war. REALLY looking forward to that storyline.

-Something tells me T & Gisele were sick of repeatedly asked questions, and decided to put them up in the bios themselves. :) I can imagine they'll get fewer "Where do Karen & Marshall go to high school?" questions finally. And thankfully they've finally commented on the Sara & Stan homosexual implications instead of leaving it up solely to fan speculation. Other FAQs they probably nailed here: Marshall's father, why Helen's got no spine, and why Katy-Anne fits in with the Alphas.

-Interesting; Michelle's family being poorer is brought up again. That was almost a dropped topic from way early in the strip (one of the first 'back to school' strips seemed to actually imply Michelle was moving away FOREVER and that Penny expected never to see her again), but obviously we're going to see more of it.
"Who knows what kind of den of corruption Riverdale could turn out to be?"

--- The Punisher, Archie Meets the Punisher.
Jabroniville

Postby Shadrach » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:49 am

While writing about Principal Giuliani on another thread, I suddenly realized that he's not on the cast page, despite having put in some rather dramatic appearances, making "disrupt the school again and I'll..." warnings, storming in furiously to stop Aggie from using the P.A. system, and stopping her, using only a sidelong glare, from taking Michelle's bait and starting another fight with Penny. (Funny, my school principals tried to act tough and intimidating, but came across as rather pathetic. :roll: )
Shadrach

Postby daanton » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:40 am

Shadrach wrote:While writing about Principal Giuliani on another thread, I suddenly realized that he's not on the cast page, despite having put in some rather dramatic appearances, making "disrupt the school again and I'll..." warnings, storming in furiously to stop Aggie from using the P.A. system, and stopping her, using only a sidelong glare, from taking Michelle's bait and starting another fight with Penny. (Funny, my school principals tried to act tough and intimidating, but came across as rather pathetic. :roll:

That's an oops alright... :)
daanton

Postby blueaster » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Jabroniville, the sides were already clearly laid out during the Celebrity Poker Showdown arc, at the party, remember? Although I guess that since Cyndi wasn't there in the begining, something else is going to happen (although you kinda already got the feeling with not that much happening between the two groups.

Anyways, I don't see signs of Michelle being poor at all... I can see where you might interpret things as such, but I personally think they're stretching it.
http://www.tastyword.com/profile.php?userid=3381

^click to see what I look like! (and give me a hug too!) click on "Blueaster" for the blog.

Yes, I do lurk. I'm in college now. In the city. And I follow 7 webcomics and 12 blogs.
blueaster

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Oh sure, they listed them out then, but it's been sitting on the sidelines for a while. The fact that they had to bring them all up in the Cast Page, with reasoning for their Penny hatred, implies that there's going to be a LOT more on this front.

I don't think Michelle's family is POOR, per se, just less rich than the other Alphas' families are. It's been mentioned VERY briefly in the comics ("isn't that the same blouse as last week?"), and now in both Cast Pages, which shows they haven't dropped the idea yet, and will be exploring it more.
"Who knows what kind of den of corruption Riverdale could turn out to be?"

--- The Punisher, Archie Meets the Punisher.
Jabroniville

Postby mabarosi » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:19 am

Congratulations on a great cast page to Gisele and Olivera for the art and T. for the bios! I love the expression on Charles' face, he looks so snooty. I've often had to put up with my cats derision, so you captured it well, Gisele!
mabarosi

Postby Gisele » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:24 am

mabarosi wrote:Congratulations on a great cast page to Gisele and Olivera for the art and T. for the bios! I love the expression on Charles' face, he looks so snooty. I've often had to put up with my cats derision, so you captured it well, Gisele!

Thank you, Mabarosi :)
Gisele

Previous

Return to General Discussion