01/22/07- I KNOW how she THINKS!

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby RadicaLElly » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:18 pm

Mullets aren't usually a good look on anyone, Cyndi included.

As for gaydar, a lot of people have mistaken my boyfriend to be gay. There have even been a few who've asked if he used to be a woman. I find this hysterical.
RadicaLElly

Postby Lamey » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:57 pm

Ouch. People only mistake me for a female on the phone.
Lamey

Postby Mr. Brightside » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:55 pm

Remember the rule: if you keep winding up with hair in your mouth, it's not a mullet.
Mr. Brightside

Postby Papuasblya » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:39 am

Mr. Brightside wrote:Remember the rule: if you keep winding up with hair in your mouth....

[Insert "Best Rumor Ever" Stan joke here....]
Papuasblya wrote:As a public service to this forum (and anyone else who has ever met me) I gave up avoiding looking like an idiot a long time ago.
Papuasblya

Location: A little village up the coast, quite scenic in spring...

Postby Lamey » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:03 am

It's not a mullet, it is neither "tame in the front" nor "wild in the back"

Real mullets are horrible things.
Lamey

Postby daanton » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:07 am

Lamey wrote:It's not a mullet, it is neither "tame in the front" nor "wild in the back"

So... is that what Duane "DOG" Chapman's got? Not a mullet??
daanton

Postby IS_Wolf » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:40 pm

RadicaLElly wrote:
As for gaydar, a lot of people have mistaken my boyfriend to be gay. .

Sorta know that feeling. Mother of my then girlfriend asked me what I was doing hanging around with her daughter, considering I was gay.

I just smiled and told her: "No, ma'm. I'm not gay." and left it at that..

I seriously doubt she would've appreciated me telling her that her daughter and me would be schtoinking the first chance we'd get. :lol:
IS_Wolf

Postby iRobot » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:49 pm

Lamey wrote:Real mullets are horrible things.

Indeed. Why would anyone want to do that sort of thing?
Kyn, aka Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion
-----
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution."
-- Caractacus Pott, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
iRobot

Postby Lamey » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:09 pm

daanton wrote:
Lamey wrote:It's not a mullet, it is neither "tame in the front" nor "wild in the back"

So... is that what Duane "DOG" Chapman's got? Not a mullet??

Well, I think the term mullet gets over-used. Far more people have heard the term and joked about the idea of a mullet than have actually seen one, so the term (and its negative association) have leaked onto other similar hair styles. Pretty much any hairstyle that is long in the back, and looks ugly tends to be called a mullet. Eventually mullet will just be a generic term for all hair styles.

I guess I should point out: if KA's hair is considered a mullet, than Marshall and Stan's would be as well.

The basic prototype of a mullet is to have some sort of standard short length male hairstyle in the front and sides, and then really long hair in the back.

Actually, both Stan and Marshall have shorter front hair and longer hair in the back than KA.

I think really, rather than trying to specify exactly whether a given hair style is a mullet or not (leading inevitably to arbitrary cut-offs and difficult marginal cases) it would be best just judge a hairstyle by its relative mulletiness.

In this case: Stan (most mullety) > Marshall > Katy-Ann (least mullety of the three)
Lamey

Postby iRobot » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:15 pm

Lamey wrote:I think really, rather than trying to specify exactly whether a given hair style is a mullet or not (leading inevitably to arbitrary cut-offs and difficult marginal cases) it would be best just judge a hairstyle by its relative mulletiness.

In this case: Stan (most mullety) > Marshall > Katy-Ann (least mullety of the three)

Kyn, aka Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion
-----
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution."
-- Caractacus Pott, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
iRobot

Postby daanton » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:45 am

Lamey wrote:I think really, rather than trying to specify exactly whether a given hair style is a mullet or not (leading inevitably to arbitrary cut-offs and difficult marginal cases) it would be best just judge a hairstyle by its relative mulletiness.

O--kay, then. :?
daanton

Previous

Return to General Discussion