01/22/07- I KNOW how she THINKS!

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Postby daanton » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:27 pm

"I KNOW how she thinks!"

Do you really, now??

Either it's a case of knowing Penny more than Penny knows herself, or she really doesn't know Penny at all....
daanton

Postby TsarevnaErin » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:58 pm

Freemage wrote:I don't think they're sisters--I think Cyndi is just part of Karen's new circle.

So now we have the possibility that Karen was NOT invited. Instead, the original grouping is 'just the family'--Charisma, Nick, Aggie and Marshall. Penny shows up intending to cause havoc, while Karen shows up intending to trip up Penny--but then discovers that Aggie and Marshall are having dinner! (Bonus Lucille Ball points if, just as Karen spots the two of them, Charisma has lured Nick into a supply closet for a quickie, thereby making it look like Mar and Aggie are there on their own.)

I think it might end up being even more sketchy than this. It's possible that Karen will try to make plans with Marshall and be brushed off by him when he tells her he has to do a family thing with Charisma and meet her new bf. Armed with what Cyndi told her and her own assumptions that Penny is making a move on a guy at Foodtown, Karen might believe that Marshall is blowing smoke up her ass about the whole Charisma deal and has been creeping with Penny this entire time. She might show up to thwart their little "date," and I could see your whole scenario of Karen walking in just as Charisma and Nick have absconded and Marshall and Aggie are sitting there in awkward silence. Penny is the wildcard, though. If she shows up BEFORE Karen gets there, then no harm no foul because she and Aggie will likely be engaged in mortal combat at that point. But if Karen gets there first, well ... it'll be very interesting, to say the least.
TsarevnaErin

Postby EccentricSquekers » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:13 pm

I'm thinking maybe that before Karen can sneak her little claws into the whole scenario, Aggie and Penny might have a confrontation of some sort.

And, I hope I don't get bashed for this. But...I thought only gay people had gaydar? I suppose not though...Karen is kind of sexually frustrated and has her claws snared into Marshall's hmhms at the moment. Confusion.
EccentricSquekers

Postby RentACop » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 pm

Everyone has gaydar, though I'm told with gay people it's actually accurate.
RentACop

Postby Harrier » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:11 pm

Either I don't have a gaydar or it was delivered already broken. I've never been able to discern homosexuality in any of the friends I had in high school who later turned out to be gay- even if they declared themselves as such within months of graduating.

It's just not what I look for in their behavior, I suppose.
Never use an arm when a hand will do.
Never use a hand when a finger will suffice.
Harrier

Postby Sumesse » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:59 pm

RentACop wrote:Everyone has gaydar, though I'm told with gay people it's actually accurate.

Mine's 99% accurate--with gay guys. I'm less accurate with girls, pegging them as lesbian only to find out they are not. Maybe I just get overly excited?
Sumesse

Postby EccentricSquekers » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:22 pm

I suppose everyone does to an extent.

I know I have gaydar, at least it's seventy five percent correct, I have yet to be wrong! But who knows ja? It's pretty easy with me for both sexes. I can even sometimes tell if they would just want to experiment with the same sex or something pertaining to it.

Sumesse: ...I can't say I blame you. Some females you just can't help but wish.

Question. Am I the only one here who would like to see Penny and Aggie together? I think it would be sweet, and no...I don't want to see any yuri or anything along those lines. I just like the tension between them and it makes think they'd be a good match..hard to explain. My apologies for rambling.
EccentricSquekers

Postby Lamey » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:27 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaydar

I was not under the impression that only homosexuals could claim to have 'gaydar', but there is perhaps the implication that they tend to have more accurate gaydar. Not that I really support the idea of gaydar per se.
Lamey

Postby Sumesse » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:41 pm

Lamey wrote:I was not under the impression that only homosexuals could claim to have 'gaydar', but there is perhaps the implication that they tend to have more accurate gaydar. Not that I really support the idea of gaydar per se.

I'm sorry, but this is the perfect opportunity to to share my Gaydar story.

My girlfriend and I were standing in line at 6 Flags...when all of a sudden she looks asks me: "Did you feel that?"

I wasn't sure what she meant. She looked around and finally spotted what she had felt--she pointed out another two girls standing much further back down the line, also holding hands. Her gaydar was apparantly so finetuned, she was calling them out preemptively.

And then we ate french fries.
Sumesse

Postby Freemage » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:26 pm

As I mentioned elsewhere, in my area, 'gaydar' is generally attributed only to gays, although straights certainly know about the phenomenon. A straight who talks about having gaydar will get ribbed about being in the closet. I suspect a regional tilting of slang, though, rather than stating it as an absolute rule.
Freemage

Postby Ollie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:30 pm

Sumesse wrote:
RentACop wrote:Everyone has gaydar, though I'm told with gay people it's actually accurate.

Mine's 99% accurate--with gay guys. I'm less accurate with girls, pegging them as lesbian only to find out they are not. Maybe I just get overly excited?

Heh. A lot of people think I'm bi or les because of my behavior with certain female friends, but I definately know I'm not. :)

I don't think about girls that way - I even tried once, to see how I'd react, but it just didn't do anything for me.
Ollie

Postby daanton » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:21 am

Cyndi, two words: GET HAIRAPY!!
daanton

Postby Freemage » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:49 pm

Mind you, despite my earlier comments about gaydar, I was always able to tell when the guy who was dating the girl I had a crush on was a closeted homosexual--seriously, three for three. And the girls were always stunned speechless when the guy came out.
Freemage

Postby Lamey » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:39 pm

Well, people often seem to think I'm gay. Gay guys, gay females, straight guys, straight females, my mom... :?

I'm not effeminate (not at all really), I'm not sure exactly what it is about me that "sets off people's gaydar" - but I do.

(this board has wierd smiley associations)
Lamey

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:47 pm

I'm very much the same way, actually. Except I don't think lesbians did it so much as gay men did. Turns out it was because I was so tolerant of gay people (I would actually go to gay clubs with a few lesbian friends) that they assumed I HAD TO BE GAY.

I think alot of "Gaydar" gets muddied because of wishful thinking though. The few gay people I've known pretty much CONSTANTLY wanted to believe as many people around them as possible were gay, much like Sara's doing in the P&A strips. I think it's a 'belonging' thing, because it's not even necessarily the fact that they want to sleep with said people. I mean, have you ever heard groups of gay people talk about which celebrities are gay? Or the near-constant berating most suspected-gay celebrities (Michael Stipe, anyone?) get from the gay communities to openly come out?
"Who knows what kind of den of corruption Riverdale could turn out to be?"

--- The Punisher, Archie Meets the Punisher.
Jabroniville

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion