Webcomic recs!

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Webcomic recs!

Postby Valerie » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 am

Hey, y'all! I'm trying to spend more time reading, so I binge-read Untouchable yesterday. It's so cute! I mean, problematic at some points, but omg so cute.

So I figured we could get a list of webcomics together. Obviously all of us here like them, so maybe we could share the slightly more obscure ones with each other. What do you think?

And we could make it into a big list, like this:

Romance
Untouchable - M/F - complete - A vampire who feeds by touching humans finds a very tasty human who hates to be touched. [CW: consent issues, a few homophobic remarks at one point in the story (along the lines of "why would a man want another man, what can you even do with him?"]

The Less-Than-Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal - M/M - complete - NSFW - A guy who's just had a very bad day goes to a bar and gets super drunk. He meets another guy. Roadtrip ensues.

I'll edit and add genres as we go. :D
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Re: Webcomic recs!

Postby mikbuster » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:51 pm

You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Power Ballad (complete).
Falling in love with your boss always complicates your life. Said boss being a rock star by day and a masked vigilante by night doesn't help at all.
Bo Lindbergh

Postby FlyingFish » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:09 pm

Leftover Soup: http://www.leftoversoup.com/ Complete, just over a thousand pages including the denouement. Slice of life, full of imperfect characters all having moments of correctness and incorrectness, includes a variety of explorations of sexuality although that's not the point of the comic. CW: Suicide, violent death and dealing with it, various bigotries (none painted as "correct"), psychological disorders and breakdowns, discussion of drug use, discussion of sexual assault, discussion of BDSM. Borderline visually NSFW in a few pages (none as extreme as P&A's "scroll down" pages), very NSFW language in several pages.
FlyingFish

Postby Alice Macher » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:23 am

Band vs. Band: In this musical comedy inspired by 70s Saturday morning cartoons, two band frontwomen -- one a goody-two-shoes writer of Archies-like sunshiney pop, the other a bad-girl composer of Hole-like rock -- clash on and off the stage. But increasingly they find common ground -- that is, when they're not sweeping the massive sexual/romantic tension to the back of their minds. Innovative art design, reminiscent of Megan Rose Gedris's work. Updates very sporadically, but does update.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Goth Western (complete).
Everything is better with lesbian necromancers.
Bo Lindbergh

Return to General Discussion