NaNoWriMo

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: NaNoWriMo

Postby Valerie » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:34 pm

I started a WriMo account. I'm Valpix, if anyone wants to add me.
Don't be impressed by my word count, I started my book two years ago. XD
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

Information on child abuse and neglect.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Added ya, Valley girl.

Mine's somnimiles, if anyone wants to buddy up too.

Up to 2278 words now, I'm catching up!

But I really wish that the excerpt/preview thing worked better. The word wrap keeps cutting my words in twain for some reason. Maybe I entered it wrong somehow, though all I did was paste text into it.
The story's told, with facts and lies, I had a name... but never mind.
Pink Freud

Postby Lia S » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:39 am

It’s funny how writing fast means my text is only one third the size the second draft is likely to be, but writing slow I would have written one third of the number of words I did. It’s probably best not to think of what I’m doing to my future self that will have to expand the first draft :shock: .

My protagonist has no idea what she’s doing and tries to use her empathy and sense of humour to get it done anyway. This also describes me right now.
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Valerie: Lia knows how to turn that frown upside-down. :D
Lia S

Postby Pink Freud » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Haha same, I guess. All my characters are mostly wandering around and bitching about things.

Edit: Ok, I finally got the stupid except to display right by pasting it into notepad, re-pasting it into NaNoWriMo's editor, and formatting the text there. Something about Libreoffice must be making it display in code or something when I copy/paste from there.
Pink Freud

Postby Lia S » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:19 pm

I attended a write-in. That was fun - writing while sitting on an uncomfortable chair, surrounded by other people who are writing. No, really :D
Artemisia: if we cannot sympathize or understand then all we claim to be as human beings is just marsh gas
Lia S

Postby Pink Freud » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:10 am

Damnit I need to crunchtime and catch up. I got roped into entering a short story contest and now I am WAY behind on my word count.
Pink Freud

Postby Mr. Brightside » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:08 am

I'm in.

In 2011, I basically copy-pasted my "novel" a few times and called it a work. (2012 I didn't try.) 2013 I did it again, but given the time-travel theme, it might have fit - I may iron it out at some point and try to get it published. 2014 I basically spent a night writing down what I thought of the Ring Cycle and made 50k of gibberish. This year I'm not quite to 14k with just over half the month gone, and a lot of what I've written is short stories I've had the characters "write" and/or "read."
(There has never been a signature.)
Mr. Brightside

Postby Pink Freud » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:27 pm

I've been feeling drug down for the last week and on Sunday called 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack. Turns out it was just an anxiety/panic attack brought on by low blood sugar. Point is, I have not been able to even remotely write, and I'm not sure I will anytime soon, so I guess I'm out, for the moment, at least. I did manage to write a 1400-word short story about a Kaiju attacking Guadalajara, Mexico for a short story contest, but that was a couple weeks ago and didn't even get an honorable mention. First thing that I've actually finished since 1995, though.

Maybe I'll suddenly feel awesome in a few days and blast out the rest of my Nano all at once.
Pink Freud

Postby Valerie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:45 pm

Pink Freud wrote:I've been feeling drug down for the last week and on Sunday called 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack. Turns out it was just an anxiety/panic attack brought on by low blood sugar. Point is, I have not been able to even remotely write, and I'm not sure I will anytime soon, so I guess I'm out, for the moment, at least. I did manage to write a 1400-word short story about a Kaiju attacking Guadalajara, Mexico for a short story contest, but that was a couple weeks ago and didn't even get an honorable mention. First thing that I've actually finished since 1995, though.

Maybe I'll suddenly feel awesome in a few days and blast out the rest of my Nano all at once.

D: Feel better!

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Lia S » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:27 am

Congratulations on at least finishing something! I’ll read it soon ^^ . And yes, what Val said, feel better.

After trying to catch up to schedule for days, I almost fell over from sleep deprivation. Oops. That was last week, I took a break, and now my target word count per writing session is 500+ (which is normal for me when I’m writing at all). If I keep doing that at least a few days a week, and add 100 words to the session target every month, I should be able to win when I try again next year. Until then, I have a really cool first draft to finish writing.
Lia S

Postby mikbuster » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:16 pm

y'all are so cool
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby Valerie » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:52 pm

I am sooooo not gonna make it.

As usual.

The Christian Left

Chat About
Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:04 am

Valerie wrote:I am sooooo not gonna make it.

Same. I'm better but I still feel so bad I can't really concentrate on writing, so I'm pretty much done.
Pink Freud

Previous

Return to General Discussion