Re-read week 158: Leted Scenes 1 - Cyndi and Charlotte 3

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 158: Leted Scenes 1 - Cyndi and Charlotte 3

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Leted Scenes 1 2 3
Cyndi and Charlotte 1 2 3
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 158: Leted Scenes 1 - Cyndi and Charlotte 3

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:58 pm

Lucy is too sweet. And I can't feel bad for Cyndi. She's a monster. -___-
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Mr. Brightside » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:00 am

I had completely forgotten Rich and Sara's stunt from this arc. It's odd, because this arc dominates my memories of No Exit.

Cyndi and Charlotte, this was such an odd turn. It would almost have been less dark to watch Charlotte dump her lifeless body into a shallow grave.

As I made stupidly clear at the bottom of a fifth so long ago, I've never really been comfortable with writing Cyndi off as "a monster." She quietly wished for her "friends" to commit suicide - Charlotte beat her within an inch of her life with a lacrosse stick, then came within a hair's breadth of cutting her throat.
Last edited by Mr. Brightside on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(There has never been a signature.)
Mr. Brightside

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm

"Wished" no. Actively involved in trying to PUSH people into suicide. She wrote that when she had the chance,she'd kill Daphne. Cyndi is a sociopath that Charlotte recognized as.

She isn't innocent. She is a monster. And if she were more ambitious,she would do more violent things to cause people's death. Cyndi is a literal monster with no conscious at all.

But hey. The abused kid experiencing a mental breakdown is obviously the fucking monster. -____-
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Yeah, Cyndi is hardly passive, she's deliberately pushing people to destruction. She calls it finding the hole in their self esteem, sticking her finger in and ripping it wider and wider. She gets off on the suffering of others and the more she comes to understand it the more dangerous she becomes. She lost perspective and let her enjoyment exceed her masquerade so she got caught but they didn't recognise what she was, each time they told her off she gained some perspective on what she really wanted and how to get it.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Just think of what she could do if others hadn't caught on to her.
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:30 am

Hard to say, she was really lacking perspective, even now. Had things continued without any meddling she would have remained impulsive and small scale, wrecked her own reputation over the next couple years so absolutely nobody trusts her and likely got herself arrested when she finally went for something big as an adult. Only reason she gets as far as she does is because Penny and Aggie's group try to play high school blackmail games with her and then try to explain why she sucks, which just taught her how to become better at what she was doing and gave her targets. They should have exposed her games to everyone instead of just threatening to, simply interfered with her schemes instead of explaining why they were smarter than her.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:15 pm

At any rate,she is totally not harmless. Especially compared to someone who is obviously in need of help and is just really breaking down.

Cuz you know that person is awful when they're more dangerous than the person who has them tied down with a knife to their throat.
LadyObvious23

Return to General Discussion