Re-read week 152: The New Reality, Part Two 13 - 18

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 152: The New Reality, Part Two 13 - 18

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:02 pm

The New Reality, Part Two 13 14 15 16 17 18
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 152: The New Reality, Part Two 13 - 18

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:56 am

Welp. Maybe Sara's better off being in a poly relationship instead of cheating in a monogamous one.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby FlyingFish » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:53 am

#16: Words cannot express how much I despise this "solution" to Hilary. She may have been horrible to everyone on the show, but doubtless Meighan was putting her through the same level of stress that she was inflicting on Sara, because it created entertaining explosions for the camera. And Lucy would have gotten over the insults; the show was almost over anyway.

Hilary will not get over this. Hilary is already the nervous sort, and now she will forever be in fear that the wrong Google search or the wrong plane ticket purchase will put her in Gitmo. That is Cyndi-level manipulation. That is "a bully dumped my books in the lake, so I shot him in the kneecap; he'll have a limp forever" escalation. And it wasn't even employed against Meighan, who is the one actually responsible for this whole mess.

The Rich grand entrance? That was great. It messes with Hilary AND Meighan without doing any lasting harm, and Sara could have easily handled anything Hilary did in response. And once the immediate panic is over and Hilary gets some sleep and a non-burnt meal, she might actually realize (like Meighan did) that any publicity is good publicity. But no, they had to follow up it up by THREATENING HER WITH IMPRISONMENT.

Because "she deserved it."
FlyingFish

Postby timemonkey » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:31 am

I doubt Meighan had anything to do with anything after bringing everyone there. There might be someone putting stress on Hilary but it wouldn't be her, she's too high up, it's not her job and would put her in a bad spot if Hilary got pushed too far.

As for Hilary's punishment, meh, you bully people you don't get to complain when they lash back at you. She's lucky they didn't take a bat upside her head.
timemonkey

Postby Twitcher » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:13 am

14. Sara never seemed all that attached to Meighan in any sort of way besides a mild ladyboner, her astonished, bitter acknowledgement of Meighan's betrayal seems odd and out of place.
15. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Belle (ville).
18. It really unsettles me that Sara likes 'em dim and hopelessly devoted.
Twitcher

Postby timemonkey » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Consider that every smart girl she knows is manipulative with a nasty streak.
timemonkey

Postby Twitcher » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:29 am

That's what unsettles me, because, as FlyingFish so aptly mentioned, so is Sara. Are Sara and Penny subconsciously drawn to people they feel they can easily control? ("Feel" being the operative word here, even Lucy has balls of steel, and neither Sara nor Penny can do good reads of people when they're in love/lust.)
Twitcher

Postby timemonkey » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:42 am

Penny's actually drawn to people she can't manipulate, that fight back against her manipulations. Sarah...well we never really see her genuinely dating on her own terms so it's hard to tell her type. Really it just seems anything with boobs and is pretty gets her attention. Can't really count Daphne as she only hooked up with her due to lack of options and a hormone overload.
timemonkey

Postby brasca » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:13 pm

FlyingFish wrote:#16: Words cannot express how much I despise this "solution" to Hilary. She may have been horrible to everyone on the show, but doubtless Meighan was putting her through the same level of stress that she was inflicting on Sara, because it created entertaining explosions for the camera. And Lucy would have gotten over the insults; the show was almost over anyway.

Hilary will not get over this. Hilary is already the nervous sort, and now she will forever be in fear that the wrong Google search or the wrong plane ticket purchase will put her in Gitmo. That is Cyndi-level manipulation. That is "a bully dumped my books in the lake, so I shot him in the kneecap; he'll have a limp forever" escalation. And it wasn't even employed against Meighan, who is the one actually responsible for this whole mess.

The Rich grand entrance? That was great. It messes with Hilary AND Meighan without doing any lasting harm, and Sara could have easily handled anything Hilary did in response. And once the immediate panic is over and Hilary gets some sleep and a non-burnt meal, she might actually realize (like Meighan did) that any publicity is good publicity. But no, they had to follow up it up by THREATENING HER WITH IMPRISONMENT.

Exactly. This is why my interest in revisiting this chapter was so low I ignored it the past few weeks. However, this outcome seems to be the standard for Penny and her friends. Meg embarrasses Penny in front of a boy and she retaliates by taking embarrassing pictures of her at a sleepover which then motivated her to assist Karen in her revenge scheme. Hillary is already someone who works behind the camera and does not have to depend on good looks and popularity to stay on the opposite side. Actresses have a short shelf life. Directors and producers do not.
brasca

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:42 pm

FlyingFish wrote:#16: Words cannot express how much I despise this "solution" to Hilary. She may have been horrible to everyone on the show, but doubtless Meighan was putting her through the same level of stress that she was inflicting on Sara, because it created entertaining explosions for the camera. And Lucy would have gotten over the insults; the show was almost over anyway.

She hit on an underage kid. Yeah she deserved it.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby brasca » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:23 pm

How do you know Hillary was not underage? Or for that matter how do you know Lucy, the girl, Sara wants to sleep with is not over 18?
brasca

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:59 am

Sara isn't 18 and if Lucy isn't,then there's really no issue. But since Hillary is said by Sara to be older,she's being as gross as male directors who prey on young women. -____-
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:13 am

Only if there's a large age gap. I'm pretty sure everyone on the show is supposed to be in the 18-20 range so any of them could straight up sleep with Sarah without skeeviness. Remember, Hillary is drawn much older than she actually is.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:38 pm

timemonkey wrote:Only if there's a large age gap. I'm pretty sure everyone on the show is supposed to be in the 18-20 range so any of them could straight up sleep with Sarah without skeeviness. Remember, Hillary is drawn much older than she actually is.

Except no. They're still too old to be sleeping with someone who is underage. -____-
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:51 pm

No they're not. Even legally there's a 3-5 year gap where the law doesn't care if you're underage. The only one who couldn't sleep with Sarah is Meighan.
timemonkey

Next

Return to General Discussion