Re-read week 152: The New Reality, Part Two 13 - 18

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re: Re-read week 152: The New Reality, Part Two 13 - 18

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:37 pm

When they're 18 they're an adult and it's still wrong. They're a grown up and shouldn't sleep with someone who ISN'T. Like seriously. Anyone of that age or older shouldn't be sleeping with anyone underage.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby brasca » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:58 pm

If Hillary was so worried about Sara and Lucy's terrorist ruse I seriously doubt she would do anything illegal with someone under the age of consent in the state of California on a TV series that records nearly everyone's activities.

Moreover, Hillary is just flirting to get Sara to go along with her which is no more illegal than if Sara was a horny 17 year old boy.
brasca

Postby timemonkey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm

LadyObvious23 wrote:When they're 18 they're an adult and it's still wrong. They're a grown up and shouldn't sleep with someone who ISN'T. Like seriously. Anyone of that age or older shouldn't be sleeping with anyone underage.

Do you have any idea how many 17/18 year old couples there are?
It's only a problem if they're under the age of consent, which she is not.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:06 pm

brasca wrote:If Hillary was so worried about Sara and Lucy's terrorist ruse I seriously doubt she would do anything illegal with someone under the age of consent in the state of California on a TV series that records nearly everyone's activities.

Moreover, Hillary is just flirting to get Sara to go along with her which is no more illegal than if Sara was a horny 17 year old boy.

You mean pedophiliac and still predatory like? Then yeah. You're right. -____-

timemonkey wrote:
LadyObvious23 wrote:When they're 18 they're an adult and it's still wrong. They're a grown up and shouldn't sleep with someone who ISN'T. Like seriously. Anyone of that age or older shouldn't be sleeping with anyone underage.

Do you have any idea how many 17/18 year old couples there are?
It's only a problem if they're under the age of consent, which she is not.

And you do realize how much trouble they can get in if the 18 year old is banging someone who is underage? Which Sarah is. -_________-
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:23 am

None, none trouble, because she's over the age of consent and within a few years. That's what I've been trying to tell you, there's absolutely nothing illegal about the situation. And it's nowhere near Peadophilic as Sarah is far too old for that. You can't just tops words out there and ignore their actual meanings. I literally had a cop come to our school and explain this to us, unless Hilary is like 25 or older she's done nothing wrong even theoretically.
timemonkey

Postby brasca » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:38 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:
brasca wrote:If Hillary was so worried about Sara and Lucy's terrorist ruse I seriously doubt she would do anything illegal with someone under the age of consent in the state of California on a TV series that records nearly everyone's activities.

You mean pedophiliac and still predatory like? Then yeah. You're right. -____-

And if you are going to narrowly define pedophilia like that then I suppose you are correct under certain jurisdictions, but Hollywood, California may not be one of those. Of course you previously accused Alfred Kinsey of pedophilia on the basis that he interviewed a pedophile for his research so your assessment of things is rather peculiar.
brasca

Postby LadyObvious23 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:47 pm

You mean the creepy ass creep who defended pedosexuality as a "legitimate" sexuality? And did quite a few disgusting things to prove his findings? :/

Yes the flirting with Sara is shit that a creepy sexual predator would do.
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:39 pm

If you're going to toss around the word pedophilia you might want to actually learn what it means. Sara is far too old to be the subject of pedophilia, she's in her later teens, nearly a legal adult. Sometimes it really seems like you want to view everyone as a sexual predator. Sarah's old enough to be fair game for pretty much everyone but the show runner, Hillary, Lucy and all the other cast mates are young enough that a hook up would at most raise an eyebrow.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:41 pm

"Nearly an adult"
"Fair Game"

It's literally creepy predatory shit. Seriously. And there's a perfect term for it Ephebophilia. Still gross. Still fucking creepy.

And Sara herself said it wasn't actually legal. So. Yeah. NO.
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Again the people involved are too young for it to be problematic. It would be predatory and creepy if she was dating with people in their late twenties or older, but she's not, she's dealing with people who are barely older than she is.

Sarah's not 8 or 12 years old, there's no reason to act like she is.

Edit: Okay, I just went through several wiki pages and I can't actually find a legal age limit for sexual activity for those over the age of consent. It's possible it's not illegal at all for any of them to sleep with Sarah, they just couldn't film or air it as it's illegal to produce sexual content of anyone under the age of 18 in the US. Seems things are even more lax than I thought they were, the only real reason not to is social taboos.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:08 am

She's 17 years old. Still a child. -____-
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:23 am

Not a child, a young adult. Childhood ends at 12.
timemonkey

Postby FlyingFish » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:38 am

Hm... this brings up an interesting question: how old was Rich during the runaway period? I'm pretty sure Penny was still 16, and taking someone of that age away from home and parents for over a month AND having sex with her is surely far worse than merely having sex with her.
FlyingFish

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:12 pm

timemonkey wrote:Not a child, a young adult. Childhood ends at 12.

No it doesn't. They're still children at that age. Childhood doesn't end there. Teenagers are still CHILDREN. Not grown ups. Never grown ups. You're a grown up when you're 18!
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:26 pm

18 is an arbitrary number that holds no actual meaning. You don't just suddenly mature overnight on your 18th birthday, it's a process, childhood ends, you become a teenager, then a young adult, then an adult.
timemonkey

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion