Re-read week 140: Communion 12 - Headhunt 2

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 140: Communion 12 - Headhunt 2

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Communion 12
Bussed Out 1 2 3
Headhunt 1 2
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 140: Communion 12 - Headhunt 2

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:15 pm

To Helen: Grow up sooner and stop pushing your issues on someone you drifted from socially as well as emotionally. Penny can't read your mind. She isn't evil. You're a bratty little shit. You're Father does however deserve a ton of punches in the face along with your Mother.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Re: Re-read week 140: Communion 12 - Headhunt 2

Postby brasca » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:08 am

As much as I wanted her to stay Helen ultimately finds herself in Boston so I do not regret this change. And while this was an incredibly risky leap her trajectory from high school to college wasn't all that different from what we saw we saw with Lisa and Sara in Quiltbag.

I would also note that since Helen is the first character to say fuck without it being blanked out in the typical cartoonish way as seen in the previous chapter the old standards & practices rode out on the same bus too.

While I would count the people featured in Headhunt as exceptional I am not entirely sure what Meighan sees in the generation that will supposedly bury them. Just one glimpse at MTV and I know my job is secure because there are too few with the intelligence to take it. I see more Bobs, Elmers, and Tharqas than I do Brandis, Jacks, and Saras.
brasca

Return to General Discussion