Re-read week 127: Final Curtain, First Kiss 10 - 15

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 127: Final Curtain, First Kiss 10 - 15

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:02 pm

Final Curtain, First Kiss 10 11 12 13 14 15
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 127: Final Curtain, First Kiss 10 - 15

Postby FlyingFish » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:49 pm

As Stan pointed out a few weeks ago, Cyndi may have humiliated Sara (and Duane) but she also burnt any trust she still had with them. She didn't care at the time, because she didn't think any of them caring about HER was as important as the joy of messing with them. Oops.

Daphne has actually been behaving herself VERY well post-War, better than I remember.
FlyingFish

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:03 am

Yeah Cyndi needs a lesson in personal space. Like seriously. This kinda shit ain't cute in anime.

Also Sara can do better than some Whedon fangirl who acts like a fedora wearing "Nice Guy™". -___- Way better. Like they had NOTHING in common.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby brasca » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:26 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:Yeah Cyndi needs a lesson in personal space. Like seriously. This kinda shit ain't cute in anime.

Also Sara can do better than some Whedon fangirl who acts like a fedora wearing "Nice Guy™". -___- Way better. Like they had NOTHING in common.

Not at Belleville. Sara's chances improve substantially in college, but that's another year and a half and she is a teenager.

If it's any consolation to Cyndi her tempting Sara prompted Sara to make a poorly thought out decision to date Daphne which eventually ends badly for everyone involved.
brasca

Postby timemonkey » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:12 pm

LadyObvious23 wrote:Yeah Cyndi needs a lesson in personal space. Like seriously. This kinda shit ain't cute in anime.

That's why I think they should have kept things casual instead of jumping straight into girlfriends. They're both just burning off sexual frustration and just went through a HUGE violation of trust.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Also Daphne isn't good for Sara. She's just kinda meh.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:16 pm

Sara's not exactly great either. She's a cheater waiting to happen, it's just the other people saying no that's stopping it.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:39 am

Funny how ya say that. Because it seemed to happen because they had no chemistry and rushed into it. :/

Also there's something to be said of a person who treats someone like shit over a rumor and didn't get sex from them. Like that's super pathetic and gross.
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:46 pm

I feel like we're arguing by agreeing somehow. XD
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 pm

So we both don't much care for Daphne? Cool. :3
LadyObvious23

Postby brasca » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:31 am

timemonkey wrote:

That's why I think they should have kept things casual instead of jumping straight into girlfriends. They're both just burning off sexual frustration and just went through a HUGE violation of trust.

And that is why it ends so badly. Daphne understood what she did was wrong and willing to accept being in the friendzone and then Sara changes her mind largely out of desperation. It seemed that all was forgiven and then when Sara breaks up with her she brings up Daphne's willingness to believe the rape allegation as one of the reasons. If this was still an issue then she never should have started dating.

I have to wonder if Cyndi was there for their senior year if Sara might have maintained the relationship to avoid being tempted by her.
brasca

Postby Twitcher » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Cyndi's behavior here makes me question even more whether she could've survived in the real world. Psychopaths tend to think in the short term, and are stunned when pushing the same set of emotional "buttons" doesn't have the same effect as it did before; even as they don't understand emotions (G-G-Girls?). She sounds more like Lauren Bacall or Veronica Lake in a hardboiled Noir than even these hyperworldly teens. T, was she shooting for "Reality TV Star" or "Trust Fund Baby" as a career, or did she just not care?
Twitcher

Return to General Discussion