Re-read week 121: Mixed Nuts 2 - Darren, Darren Danforth, Wh

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 121: Mixed Nuts 2 - Darren, Darren Danforth, Wh

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:02 pm

Mixed Nuts 2 3
Darren, Darren Danforth, Who Are You? 1 2 3 4
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 121: Mixed Nuts 2 - Darren, Darren Danforth

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:04 pm

SHUT THE FUCK UP LISA. JOHN LENNON WAS AN ABUSIVE,ABLEIST, SEXIST,RACIST SACK OF SHIT. YOKO DIDN'T RUIN ANYTHING! JOHN DID. YOU FUCKING TOOL.

I think what Aggie means is "It ruins my image of you being a complete bubblehead who's priorities weren't so 'selfless' as mine. Cuz I'm not like other girls. I have a brain." Because girls who are uber popular or feminine are evil,vicious bitches who deserve to be ridiculed. -_- Why do we treat popular highschool girls like sluts just because they're comfortable with their sexuality and know they're beautiful? Seriously? It's bullshit.

If Darren was a bit more assertive,I think he would be cool.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Introducing Darren the meh. Would he have worked better if he'd been introduced years earlier and used for occasional comic relief between serious stories?
Bo Lindbergh

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:05 pm

I think even then, Darren would've needed some character traits other than "clumsy" and "passive chick magnet." Archie Andrews, on whom T clearly based him, has some drive and initiative of his own, even at his most pathetic (depending on the writer).
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Twitcher » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Penny not caring much about Finister's death strikes me as retroactively out of character given her actions in Mixed Nuts. Honestly, though, and I hate saying this, Darren isn't that much different from Marshall. And I'm still not sure that Aggie's on a far end of the Kinsey scale, because, like Penny, so far she's been exclusively attracted to specific male ideals that she feels she can mold.
Twitcher

Postby LadyObvious23 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:11 am

Never use the fucking Kinsey Scale the guy who invented used it on kids! He molested children in the name of "science".

STOP.

FUCKING.

USING IT.

How many fucking times do I have to say this? Seriously? I'm sick and fucking tired of it. :evil:
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:54 am

Is there anything that doesn't upset you?
timemonkey

Postby Alice Macher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:55 am

Often, not responding to posts that one finds bothersome is the best solution for everyone concerned.

Twitcher wrote:Penny not caring much about Finister's death strikes me as retroactively out of character given her actions in Mixed Nuts.

I agree. It seems around this point T was having some difficulty with the direction he wanted the comic to take after "The Popsicle War," which had resolved most (though certainly not all) of the ongoing character arcs. It shows not only in the moment you mention, but also with Darren, whom most of us have agreed was less a character than a plot device. And other things I'll mention next week when the relevant comics come up. I feel things started moving back on track with the next arc, "Out Front."
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:02 pm

timemonkey wrote:Is there anything that doesn't upset you?

Yes how dare I point out that something this fucking forum uses like it's some form of holy bible was made by a PEDOPHILE. HOW FUCKING DARE I!
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:15 pm

Being created by someone horrible doesn't make something useless. If it is useless anyway all you have to do is point that out and point people at a more valid source, screaming about it simply makes you look irrational and makes people ignore you and your points.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:36 pm

timemonkey wrote:Being created by someone horrible doesn't make something useless. If it is useless anyway all you have to do is point that out and point people at a more valid source, screaming about it simply makes you look irrational and makes people ignore you and your points.

Yes it fucking does make it irrelevant. You guys are fucking disgusting.

Seriously? Still want to use it despite this shitty freak using it on kids? What in the Hell is wrong with you?

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/quest ... s-debunked It's also been fucking debunked. Wow. -_-
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:07 pm

The fact that it's been debunked is the important thing. A LOT of medical and scientific information was obtained through horrifying means by disgusting people. That doesn't invalidate the information that was obtained on it's own.

Now, I don't read the threads that have nothing to do with the comics so I don't know how often the Kinsey scale gets brought up there but it hasn't been brought up much in the comic threads.
timemonkey

Postby LadyObvious23 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Yes it does. The information is unusable and holy shit why are you defending this?

Your literally defending a pedophile's work. The Hell?!
LadyObvious23

Postby mikbuster » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:36 pm

A lot of scientific advancement came out of Germany during World War II. Obviously, a lot of that was obtained through truly horrible means. We're still using that data and we can still hold those accountable that commit those atrocities. Also, timemonkey specifically said it was debunked. That's not defending it.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby LadyObvious23 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:21 am

Tw: Pedophilia/CSA/Sexual Assault

There's a difference between finding usefull information and getting NOTHING from a piece of shit pedophile who harmed kids. For basically 'science'. He was a creepy ass pedophile who wanted to get paid for getting off. It's that fucking simple.

NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OUT OF MOLESTING CHILDREN. YOU CAN'T TELL ME THAT ANYTHING FUCKING DID.
LadyObvious23

Next

Return to General Discussion