Re-read week 119: :-) 5 - 10

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 119: :-) 5 - 10

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:02 pm

:-) 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 119: :-) 5 - 10

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Still don't like her. Feel bad for her though.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Twitcher » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:54 pm

5. Aggie's a bit unselfaware, isn't she? And how are "help" and "a shrink" oppositional negatives to these guys? Am I missing implied crappiness in the Massachusetts mental health care system?
6. Even the thought of sex is a trigger. Christ, what did her Dad do to her? At this rate, I'm betting Charlotte's Mom canes her regularly for "tempting thy father to sin," and given that her parents are the town wackadoos, WHY hasn't child services been called in years ago to rescue her?
7. We're starting to really see in this arc that Penny and Aggie's names belie their natures. Not all that vacuous, not quite full of love.
8. I worry that, like most teens, Charlotte read Romeo and Juliet with her hormones rather than her eyes.
9. Not a good idea, Duane. Be her friend, not her teacher, and not her therapist.
10. I wish I could say that I'm happy with Charlotte's ultimate end, but you go to jail rather than juvie when you're a teen, and you don't come out saner than when you went in.
Twitcher

Postby LadyObvious23 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:58 pm

Twitcher wrote:5. Aggie's a bit unselfaware, isn't she? And how are "help" and "a shrink" oppositional negatives to these guys? Am I missing implied crappiness in the Massachusetts mental health care system?
6. Even the thought of sex is a trigger. Christ, what did her Dad do to her? At this rate, I'm betting Charlotte's Mom canes her regularly for "tempting thy father to sin," and given that her parents are the town wackadoos, WHY hasn't child services been called in years ago to rescue her?
7. We're starting to really see in this arc that Penny and Aggie's names belie their natures. Not all that vacuous, not quite full of love.
8. I worry that, like most teens, Charlotte read Romeo and Juliet with her hormones rather than her eyes.
9. Not a good idea, Duane. Be her friend, not her teacher, and not her therapist.
10. I wish I could say that I'm happy with Charlotte's ultimate end, but you go to jail rather than juvie when you're a teen, and you don't come out saner than when you went in.

She hates Charlotte for what she did to Sara and the bomb threat. Also child services isn't exactly great or honestly works. Charlotte would be better off running away.

Also it's Aggie's "I'm not like other girls" sex shaming,ableist and quite frankly SHITTY phase. Because for her being like other girls would be "ew" and sooo "conforming". -_- Spoiled,sex shaming brat.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Return to General Discussion