Re-read week 113: Teams of Rivals 7 - Everybody Loves Duane

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 113: Teams of Rivals 7 - Everybody Loves Duane

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Teams of Rivals 7 8
Everybody Loves Duane 1 2 3 4
Topic Starter Robot

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:08 pm

"she is not secretly intelligent" wins the snarky/absurd crossover contest.
Bo Lindbergh

Re: Re-read week 113: Teams of Rivals 7 - Everybody Loves Du

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:17 pm

And Meg's "I am so mature! Look how mature I'm being! Not like you" speech wins the hilarious hypocrisy contest.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Re:

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:16 am

Bo Lindbergh wrote:"she is not secretly intelligent" wins the snarky/absurd crossover contest.

Samantha isn't "stupid" either. Aggie needs to shut the fuck up about that. Especially since she acts like a moron herself.

Seriously. She's like a John Green character most the time. Just valuing white nonconformist intelligence. -_-
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Re: Re:

Postby brasca » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:41 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:
Bo Lindbergh wrote:"she is not secretly intelligent" wins the snarky/absurd crossover contest.

Samantha isn't "stupid" either.

Really? There does not seem to be much evidence that supports that. Yes Aggie got angry and said something without thinking, but realized she was wrong seconds later and apologized. Samantha has a persecution complex that she never questions. Now she is doing the bidding of a white girl to bring down a fellow African-American because he is a Muslim. If Aggie was as stupid as her she would believe the rape allegations made against Penny and join forces with Karen to bring her to justice.

Alice Macher wrote:And Meg's "I am so mature! Look how mature I'm being! Not like you" speech wins the hilarious hypocrisy contest.

True, but if letting her have this moment keeps her from aiding Karen then so be it. While the smear campaign was a severe escalation of things Meg was the only one with real justification in this war.
brasca

Re: Re-read week 113: Teams of Rivals 7 - Everybody Loves Du

Postby Twitcher » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:15 am

1. Cyndi sounds, in my headcanon, like a cross between Shirley Temple and Baby Lulu.
2. Bow-chicka-wow-wow.
3. Those nature documentaries lied.
4. AGGIE: "You can tell Samantha's dumb because she doesn't engage in respectability politics!" Yeah, um, Unfortunate Implications have always abounded when it comes to Samantha, and they're the most present in this arc.
5. You wanna know why this would actually be nerve-wracking in RL?
6. Because... as has been demonstrated in this very comic... kids will believe anything. Thankfully, Meg is channeling Syndrome from the Incredibles.
7. Christ, this is painful.
8. Refer to my take on 4.
Twitcher

Return to General Discussion