Re-read week 112: Teams of Rivals 1 - 6

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 112: Teams of Rivals 1 - 6

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Teams of Rivals 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 112: Teams of Rivals 1 - 6

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:14 pm

#2: Penny's expression in the third panel still makes me giggle.

#4: Cyndi, still putting on the "celebrity-obsessed ditz" act...

#5: ...only for her true colours to poke through with her signature "Hee" at the prospect of hurting someone. Also, as much as I know T dislikes the "teenagers don't talk like that" claim, I think "the liberal academia still loved diversity" is something a Duane might say, but not a Meg.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:54 am

Aaaaand there goes more of Samantha's relevence. Seriously? Nazism? Fucking ridiculous. -_- Charlotte is just as awful. Feel a bit bad for her abuse but the rape vid she did with Tharq...yeah fuck her.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:46 am

While I agree it was horrible wasn't it confirmed that she actually had been raped, by her dad? So as terrible as framing Sarah was, and she realises it's terrible unlike Tharqa, it was a form of release for her.
timemonkey

Postby brasca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:27 am

I know Aggie wanted to keep this alliance against Karen and her gang a secret, but she could have at least told Duane she and some friends were coming over so he'd have time to get some refreshments. He is the class president or does she think Karen had her phone tapped. I know it is all for the sake of dramatic surprise, but I find it less believable than Meg's insightful dissection of higher education.

LadyObvious23 wrote:Aaaaand there goes more of Samantha's relevence. Seriously? Nazism? Fucking ridiculous. -_-

Relevance has nothing to do with it. She sounds like anyone who is so blinded by hatred and paranoia that even something as nonsensical as her previous rant must be true. I have read and responded to more than enough stuff like that after President Obama's recent executive decision. Samantha's relevance is she is one of those people who think anyone they don't like is evil.
brasca

Postby timemonkey » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm not saying Charlotte is in any way right, she's bad, did something terrible after a history or terrible things. But I'm sympathetic to her because she's not a stable rational person who can function logically. She's been broken by her parents, their hatred and violence and violation of her have warped her to a point where she's become a sick monster, and even her 'friends' helped shape these views as Helen was too afraid to stand up to her and Tharqa thinks that her hate is funny. She genuinely believes that the 'sinners' deserve everything she throws at them and it's the one time she gets to feel good about herself, for being righteous and punishing the wicked. It's not until she finds someone who's actually stable and nice that she starts to understand the truth behind her behaviour.
timemonkey

Postby Twitcher » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:14 pm

1. PARTY HARD! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ9xveRsWxo
2. I'd believe Katy Ann's apology more if she didn't have such a smarmy grin on her face while saying it.
3. "This storyline's getting worn out after two years! WE NEED A NEW ARC VILLAIN!"
4. I'm not getting why Karen or the rest of them wouldn't be content to go their separate ways after this, unless Karen thinks she needs them to maintain her social status, but why would she think that, after seeing the contents of panel 3? And, unfortunately, I'm with Meg. Why would they care? Why even stir up shit that could get them expelled? Against all odds, they got away with targeting Sara, but does Karen want to be at the center of a mini-Ferguson?
5. Is... Samantha pissed that Duane's muslim? If so, WHY? What the hell is her character motivation? Is the point of her character motivation that SHE doesn't know what it is? Meg shouldn't sound like a 60-year-old retiree Evo-Psych professor. I picture her as the type to misuse/mispronounce three-dollar words with an affected tidewater accent. Think Singin' In The Rain.
6. Can you say "Wrong Genre Savvy"? I knew you could.
Twitcher

Return to General Discussion