Re-read week 106: Interventions 10 - Suicide Run 1

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 106: Interventions 10 - Suicide Run 1

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Interventions 10 11 12 13 14
Suicide Run 1
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 106: Interventions 10 - Suicide Run 1

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:26 am

You backstabbing annoying little shit. You really thought this was okay? Are you that motherfucking needy? You that STUPID?! YOU FUCKING ANNOYING SHIT! You deserve a good punch in the mouth for this! You fucking idiot! All because of what? Because they had different interests than you? That you didn't even TRY TO TALK TO PENNY?! Or Sara?! Or ANY OF THEM?! You fucked over Sara because of that? Fucking idiot!!

Seriously? How was that going to work anyway? It's pointless.

What did Aggie really see in Marshall? Hell. What did any girl really see in the dude. He's got the personality of wet clay. :/
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Twitcher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:12 am

10. Ah, Helen. There but for the grace of god go I.
11. T, does Helen conflate being used with being loved, or feel like she has to be used in order to be loved? This stuff tends to happen a lot in my family. My mom, for example, hung out with a lot of people who would consistently remind her of her moral obligations as a friend and a Christian, which would often require her to drop everything and dash off to rescue them from a dangerous scrape.
12. And how did Helen hope this would end? Or didn't she think that far?
13. Will we ever see that bonus comic dealing with Helen and the fallout from this? Or will it stay print only?
14. Damn, Sara. We should've seen that steel from you a few comics earlier.
15. Something familiar about Aggie's hair... I'll think of it.
Twitcher

Postby brasca » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:48 am

Twitcher wrote:10. Ah, Helen. There but for the grace of god go I.
11. T, does Helen conflate being used with being loved, or feel like she has to be used in order to be loved? This stuff tends to happen a lot in my family. My mom, for example, hung out with a lot of people who would consistently remind her of her moral obligations as a friend and a Christian, which would often require her to drop everything and dash off to rescue them from a dangerous scrape.
13. Will we ever see that bonus comic dealing with Helen and the fallout from this? Or will it stay print only?

11-13. Well now we know that Helen doesn't have a problem being used because she's an attention junkie. If this need could have been channeled better things would have worked out differently. If she had joined Aggie and Lisa on that trip to Sri Lanka she would've been separated from Karen's influence and it might have started resolving some of her other insecurities too. However, I seriously doubt Mr. Tomalin would put up the money unless he received a guarantee that the Tamil Tigers would abduct her.

While I would never find myself in the situation Helen does if I did I'd have thought up a better lie. Accusing Penny is so stupid that it either popped into her head out of desperation or it's what Karen told her to say and she only repeated it as a last resort. She wouldn't be able to avoid suspicion, but without witnessing her say anything they couldn't be entirely certain it was her too.

14. Well Sara did get blindsided by all this and didn't know how to react. If she was paranoid she could have thought devised an emergency plan if she was ever outed.

15. I just noticed that Penny never removed her old group picture from her purse. I guess she didn't have the heart.
brasca

Postby TCampbell » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Twitcher wrote:10. Ah, Helen. There but for the grace of god go I.

I think Helen's philosophy at this point in the story comes right down to the end of "Undertow:" "If I'm being used, at least I have a use" (and therefore won't be cast aside entirely). She knows it's fake-friendship with ulterior motives, but she's so far gone that she doesn't trust any other kind.

I don't know what print-only "bonus comic" you're talking about: I don't think P&A did anything print-exclusive. Helen's story went into Something Positive for a few years, but that was and is another webcomic. And I wrote a little text story in the early days of P&A Plus, but I'd really prefer to point people to SP and/or the just-completed "Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel," which I think are much better.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby timemonkey » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:15 pm

I think I remember print only content being mentioned before.
timemonkey

Postby Alice Macher » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:37 pm

I think "What You Can't Teach" was originally to be print-only (it first appeared in P&A Volume 1; at least it's listed that way in the Store), but T later posted it online so that, together with "Conversion," it would give Gisèle a much-needed break, roughly midway through "The Popsicle War."

That said, I'm not anything like 100% sure, so I hope T will correct me as necessary.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby TCampbell » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Ah, yeah, that is correct. We tried the bonus print-only thing but couldn't maintain it. "Conversion" was meant to be the Vol 2 exclusive. Neither of those had to do with Helen, except in a very oblique way.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion