I miss you guys. D:

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

I miss you guys. D:

Postby Valerie » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:29 pm

I've been busy with all of this Dad stuff. It's not even over! Dad made his best friend promise to get us out of this house before winter, so we've been trying to find a house. (Dad's house is in need of serious work. We've been managing here for a couple years now, but winter gets either really damn cold or really damn expensive. Usually both.)

So even now, we are STILL SO BUSY.

Things should be on the way up soonish, though.

How has everyone else been? TELL ME EVERYTHING.
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Re: I miss you guys. D:

Postby Artemisia » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:15 pm

HUGS Val...

Things have been kind of rough for me recently. I found out that my cat has a terminal illness that is causing fluid to build up in her body. We can treat the symptoms and she'll probably live for a while long...that is, she could live with this condition for a couple of years. Other than this, she's healthy and strong. We're just glad it isn't contagious.

The man who we hired to repair our house was arrested for assaulting his ex-wife, trying to abduct her, and a few other crimes that could put him in jail for the next century. The problem is, we can't get our money back because he spent it on drugs.

SIGH...

Other than that, I'm working on my novel, and a second novel for Doctor Who. I hope to be able to get it published :)
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby mikbuster » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:20 pm

I've been busy, and so so tired lately. My former relationship has been coming up to mind lately. The more I talk to her or think about the past, the more I realize what things she did. There seems to be enough evidence to say that she was manipulating me the whole time, but I'm trying to remember the positives.
I'm taking a vacation next week to see a friend. It'll be awesome. I need more sleep, but it seems impossible.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby Twitcher » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Things are getting better over here. Mom just recently apologized for a major sticking point in our relationship, which is a super MAJOR difficult thing for Mom to do, since she spends a lot of time beating herself up for things already. I'm both grateful for and proud of her.

I had a great conversation with my dad about Legend of Korra, and speaking of which, the latest episode left me in tears in a good way. I can't wait for the next.

I spent some time thinking about an ex-friend I keep bringing up on this forum, and how I tried to do right by her. I've gotten back into contact with two of my other old friends, and we get along well enough, but I'm not there for them enough, and I wish we were closer.
Twitcher

Postby thebitterfig » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:34 am

Well, I'm moving at the end of the month. Out of Ohio and back to Maine. It'll be both good and bad. I've missed New England, and there's going to be a lot great about being home. On the other hand, the main reason I'm doing this is that my work situation is becoming part time, and since I'm working from my apartment these days, I might as well save rent back in Maine as here in Ohio. So mixed feelings, and I probably need to be working a lot harder on the process (getting moving stuff, contacting places here and there for ending electricity, internet, banking, etc.). Onward and upward, then.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Postby Valerie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:09 pm

UPDATING

Actually, not much has changed. XD
Been considering the cafe thing again. I might try going to school for small business management, if Morgan can bring home the bacon for a while. I need to go over my (tons of) notes and recipes...

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby mikbuster » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Good luck whichever way you go
*hugs*
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
mikbuster

Postby Pink Freud » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 am

Rock and Roll Val, it's all a person can really do.

I'd tall the recent events of my life lately but the majority of it revolves around Destiny. My life is pretty damn boring.
Pink Freud

Postby Artemisia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:36 am

Is Destiny any good? I might consider it when I've got a tad more money.
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
Artemisia

Postby Valerie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:17 am

We found a house. We're just waiting on the inspection and stuff, but we should be moving soon.

As usual.

Valerie

Postby Pink Freud » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:19 am

Rockin, Val!

Artemisia: I really like it, but the story is pretty short, and kinda watered-down. The Multiplayer is good, though, and strikes/raiding is oretty much the meat of the game. It's kind of like if Halo and Call Of Duty had a kid and it were born an MMO. And even more melodramatic.
Pink Freud

Postby Artemisia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Ah, thank you. Given that I'm not big on MMO's I'll have to consider it. I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer right now...or very often for that matter.
Artemisia

Postby Pink Freud » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Yeah, if you don't like multiplayer you're not going to get much out of Destiny. It might be worth a rent if you can get it cheap, but just doing the story missions will be over in a few hours, then you level your character to 20 and start doing vanguard strikes or crucible PVP for light gear to get you to level 28 or so, then raiding for beeter gear to to get to level 30, then.... Well I guess figure out something else to do besides raid for more weapons. Raids are only six players though, os it's not like 40 man raids from the early days of WoW or anything.
Pink Freud

Postby Artemisia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:52 pm

I don't do well with multiplayer games and it seems like so many game companies are pushing for those in the MMO's. It's why I gave up on WoW, STO, SWTOR, Guild Wars, etc. Even if it's free, it just isn't going to work for me. I love the games, but if I have to advance using multiplayer stuff, it just stops being fun for me and becomes a chore.

I have so little energy overall when it comes to dealing with people that a raid or a dungeon run can literally take too much out of me. IT's not worth it.
Artemisia

Postby thebitterfig » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:27 pm

I have arrived back in Maine.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)
thebitterfig

Next

Return to General Discussion