SBT, SBC 7: What Do You Want?

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

SBT, SBC 7: What Do You Want?

Postby brasca » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 am

So Helen seems attuned to people with suicidal thoughts and she seems to be doing well if she could keep him going for 94 minutes.

Even though she was supposed to transfer him to a professional I doubt she'd get in trouble for that since the recording would indicate he might have killed himself if she followed protocol. While Aubrey would probably openly state that dead customers aren't repeat customers as justification for keeping them alive secretly she'd appreciate it given what happened with Scotty. Since the incident happens one day later I'm thinking it might be an employee dispute. I understand that Melanie is doing something underhanded, but I'm not sure what since I've never heard of stealing other people's time.
brasca

Re: SBT, SBC 7: What Do You Want?

Postby Twitcher » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:26 am

Melanie is logging Helen's work hours as Melanie's, so Helen will be paid less, and Melanie more. Helen is soldiering on and being awesome, and right now, I'm doing a thing I do a lot when I read good writing like Randy's and T.'s: Wishing I could be as strong and as brave as my favorite fictional character.
Twitcher

Postby brasca » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 am

Twitcher wrote:Melanie is logging Helen's work hours as Melanie's, so Helen will be paid less, and Melanie more. Helen is soldiering on and being awesome, and right now, I'm doing a thing I do a lot when I read good writing like Randy's and T.'s: Wishing I could be as strong and as brave as my favorite fictional character.

I understand that Melanie is stealing, but I don't get how that's possible since I would think enough recording devices would indicate Helen was taking a call. Seeing as how this is stealing from Aubrey Chorde, who I'm sure takes a very dim view of embezzlement, you'd think she'd have a better tracking system. Then again Aubrey is motivated by money and torture so perhaps she sets traps for dishonest employees. After all what's the good of having a ball pit of justice if you never use it?
brasca

Postby TCampbell » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:20 pm

brasca wrote:
Twitcher wrote:Melanie is logging Helen's work hours as Melanie's, so Helen will be paid less, and Melanie more. Helen is soldiering on and being awesome, and right now, I'm doing a thing I do a lot when I read good writing like Randy's and T.'s: Wishing I could be as strong and as brave as my favorite fictional character.

I understand that Melanie is stealing, but I don't get how that's possible since I would think enough recording devices would indicate Helen was taking a call. Seeing as how this is stealing from Aubrey Chorde, who I'm sure takes a very dim view of embezzlement, you'd think she'd have a better tracking system. Then again Aubrey is motivated by money and torture so perhaps she sets traps for dishonest employees. After all what's the good of having a ball pit of justice if you never use it?

It's that tracking system Melanie is using to discover Helen's long call time. The fact that Melanie has access to its data output is a definite security risk, but that's the sort of problem startups can run into when the founders set up a system for their own use and then have to carve it up and delegate large parts of it to others.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion