SBT, SBC 6: Get ready for hell

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

SBT, SBC 6: Get ready for hell

Postby Alice Macher » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Last line: Ooh, ouch.

Also, further up: That was an...unexpected new glimpse into Helen's sexuality. I'm inclined to agree with Nancy there.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Re: SBT, SBC 6: Get ready for hell

Postby CEOIII » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:27 am

Never got the body-swap fetish.

......wonder what got Helen to go down that road with this guy. This is getting interesting.
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby brasca » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:47 am

Alice Macher wrote:Last line: Ooh, ouch.

Also, further up: That was an...unexpected new glimpse into Helen's sexuality. I'm inclined to agree with Nancy there.

Indeed. The soup kitchen is one alternate outcome, but perhaps another is one where she ended up in New Jersey instead of Boston and roomed with Girls With Slingshots' Candy. Four years of dominatrix schooling with her and I shudder to think what the outcome might be... even if it might be pretty hot. :wink:

If this is a suicide call I hope she can handle it. Working at a call center I dread those and my job doesn't involve soul numbing sex talk.

Interestingly enough Helen's coworkers were seen here before: http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp01172012.shtml

And I must say Cherish with the bubbly personality mixed with the ability to compartmentalize is exactly what Charlotte and Katy-Ann would be like if they fused.
brasca

Postby Twitcher » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:54 am

Helen has probably had thoughts of suicide herself, or did when she was in high school. Working at a real call center or in the helping professions as a counselor or social worker might actually be her forte.
Twitcher

Postby brasca » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Twitcher wrote:Helen has probably had thoughts of suicide herself, or did when she was in high school. Working at a real call center or in the helping professions as a counselor or social worker might actually be her forte.

We shall see. If talking people out of suicide is her super power then that would make Cyndi her arch nemesis. Well with great power comes great responsibility in choosing a cool super hero alias. I hope she chooses wisely.

I'm also hoping we get a little more insight into why Helen made such a dangerous decision to run away from home. If she feared that sooner or later she would succumb to her thoughts of suicide because there were far more people who would encourage than discourage that then running away from home might have saved her life. While Helen may have been a too easy target for Cyndi's morbid game of "pushing people into the pool," I wouldn't put it past her to use Helen as a test case. Perhaps she tried to nudge Helen in that direction which ultimately prompted her trip to Boston.
brasca

Postby CEOIII » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:15 pm

I think the first edition of this story told us all we need to know about why she took off. If my dad had told me to my face "You were a HUGE mistake and I wish you hadn't been born" I'dve run to Europe.

I would've beaten seven shades of shit out of him before I left, but that's me. Helen probably doesn't have much of a height/weight advantage on her dad.

And Cyndi wouldn't be much of an arch-nemesis since she's already locked up.

.....it's wrong that I'd like a follow-up story on Cyndi, isn't it? Like have her run into Candy from Girls With Slingshots and watch the carnage unfold.
CEOIII

Postby brasca » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:02 pm

CEOIII wrote:I think the first edition of this story told us all we need to know about why she took off. If my dad had told me to my face "You were a HUGE mistake and I wish you hadn't been born" I'dve run to Europe.

I would've beaten seven shades of shit out of him before I left, but that's me. Helen probably doesn't have much of a height/weight advantage on her dad.

And Cyndi wouldn't be much of an arch-nemesis since she's already locked up.

.....it's wrong that I'd like a follow-up story on Cyndi, isn't it? Like have her run into Candy from Girls With Slingshots and watch the carnage unfold.

Cyndi might be free considering that she'd be over 18 now and was committed by her parents not sentenced by any court. Besides Boston could use a different class of criminal. Seriously, they could when you consider that the Pythagorean's nemeses include a rogue hero, a corrupt politician, an unscrupulous reporter, and a kid who styles himself as a super villain for whatever reason.

With Helen it's flight over fight so I think she will ultimately have an ability to help people mentally or verbally, but it would be nice to see her put an Amazi-Girl beat down on her Dad the same way Amber did with hers.
brasca

Postby TCampbell » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 am

I've offered more than one person the chance to write their own Cyndi story after they came to me with proposals for the character, but I don't think either of them ended up biting. I'm glad she's remembered in a way that makes people want to see more of her, but I'm extremely cautious about that. I'd only use her again if I thought I had a setup which would not be more of the same but would have a conflict close enough to even to provide some doubt about the outcome. With no disrespect intended to Mike (or Randy), I don't think the Pythagorean would stand a chance in hell against the manipulations of an adult Cyndi. I'd sooner send him against Doctor Doom.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby CEOIII » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:37 pm

TCampbell wrote:I'd sooner send him against Doctor Doom.

Hey, if Squirrel Girl beat him.....:)
CEOIII

Return to General Discussion