SBT, SBC 2: The Ball Pit of Judgment

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

SBT, SBC 2: The Ball Pit of Judgment

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:19 pm

The unreadable cyan-on-white footnote directs us to http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp03092012.shtml
Bo Lindbergh

Re: SBT, SBC 2: The Ball Pit of Judgment

Postby Alice Macher » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Ha! "Handcuffed and awaiting trial," indeed. Nice fakeout there, T. :)
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Twitcher » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:07 am

This unnerves me. This job, for her, is just another way of being used, and although Helen may say that's what she wants, I doubt that it's truly what she wants or needs.
Twitcher

Postby brasca » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:03 am

Alice Macher wrote:Ha! "Handcuffed and awaiting trial," indeed. Nice fakeout there, T. :)

That's what I thought to, but the again the judge is Aubrey Chorde.

Twitcher wrote:This unnerves me. This job, for her, is just another way of being used, and although Helen may say that's what she wants, I doubt that it's truly what she wants or needs.

Nancy warned her that even if she got the job as a new hire she'd get the worst hours and customers and it's not like she didn't have a well paying job at a temp agency so I think she wants to work at Nerdotica for the sake of proving something to herself. As I recall her inner thoughts when she ran away from home she wants to succeed where Penny failed when she ran away with Rich. Getting a job at Nerdotica was the target, but that would have fallen through because she was not of legal age to work there and she probably would have choked on the interview like she did the last time she applied. However, if she can succeed now she can delude herself into thinking that she could have succeeded then if things had gone differently. She's incredibly lucky she didn't become a statistic or what her father thought she would be. I can imagine Helen 2020 would be incredibly more bleak than Penny 2020 if we could see it. Moreover, the only person other than herself to witness such an achievement is Nancy who would be mildly happy for her friend. Her father could care less, and I doubt Penny or any would care. Some like Aggie might be relieved that she's not dead, but that would be it. It's great to achieve something you set your mind for, but once you have it you may not see it as being all you hoped it would be. I don't know the entirety of her run away plan, but I think she ultimately wants to be a writer and wanted to work at Nerdotica to pay the bills until she succeeded at that. If so then her whole reason for wanting to still work at Nerdotica is just to fulfill the plan she had when she first ran away even if there are better alternatives.
brasca

Postby CEOIII » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:32 am

T with the pump fake. Cute. *breathes sigh of relief*

Am I crazy or does Helen look like a shorter-haired Daria Morgendorffer?
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby brasca » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 am

CEOIII wrote:T with the pump fake. Cute. *breathes sigh of relief*

Am I crazy or does Helen look like a shorter-haired Daria Morgendorffer?

You're not and it's a vast improvement over her last look.
brasca

Return to General Discussion