Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel (1 of 11)

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel (1 of 11)

Postby TCampbell » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:27 am

So this'll be a thing here for 11 installments, classic Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule. We'll see how it goes.

If you haven't read it yet, perhaps a warning is in order: the opening sequence is kind of brutal.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Re: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel (1 of 11)

Postby Xa Xa Xa » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:27 am

*tiny shouts from a distance*
(These are good shouts.)
Xa Xa Xa

Postby Alice Macher » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:59 am

Oh, Helen. What have you gotten yourself into this time? Whatever it is, I've little doubt booze was involved; that seems to be a pattern with her, whether in P&A or S*P.

As for "Lucas," I wonder whether that's the jailbait-chaser boyfriend mentioned here.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby mindstalk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Huh, I was just checking in by coincidence, to see if there was an IRC channel. Might want some higher reach notification, like posting to the answers thread more people would be subscribed to, or something...
mindstalk

Postby Twitcher » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:03 pm

I'd been wondering what Helen's dad said to her, and of course, he's the pile of festering excrement I expected him to be. Such a charming fella, he really musta swept Helen's mom right off her feet. Drunken Disorderly, maybe? Illegal sex work? Man, I hope "Nancy" Kharisma shows up to take Helen on a horrible whirlwind adventure soon.
Twitcher

Postby brasca » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:11 am

Is there something I'm missing here or will I just have to wait until Monday?
brasca

Postby CEOIII » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:26 am

So I see T mention this on FB and I think "Helen gets an epilogue! COOL!"

And then I read her dad's loving sendoff, and the phrase "handcuffed and awaiting trial" and I begin to wonder what type of sadist T is.

Then I remember he broke P&A up late game and sort of got them back together before the comic ended and I say, "Oh, yeah, that kind of sadist".

So I'm simply going to say "please don't have Helen hang herself in her cell" and continue reading.
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.
CEOIII

Postby brasca » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:06 am

CEOIII wrote:So I see T mention this on FB and I think "Helen gets an epilogue! COOL!"

And then I read her dad's loving sendoff, and the phrase "handcuffed and awaiting trial" and I begin to wonder what type of sadist T is.

Then I remember he broke P&A up late game and sort of got them back together before the comic ended and I say, "Oh, yeah, that kind of sadist".

So I'm simply going to say "please don't have Helen hang herself in her cell" and continue reading.

Hey CEOIII! It's been awhile. Good to see you back. Now could someone please tell me what this is about. This all seems to be Helen related so I really need to be in the loop. :lol:
brasca

Postby CEOIII » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:13 am

CEOIII

Postby brasca » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:50 am

CEOIII wrote:http://t-campbell.tumblr.com/post/97643033481/i-have-a-new-dramedy-story-same-bat-time-same

Thank you. And while I can understand your concerns I am somewhat confident this will end well. If Randy Milholland didn't kill her off already then she's got a reasonable chance of survival although this is quite a bleak opening. Given that the universe of Something Positive moves at a yearly pace I estimate Helen's future from Six Septembers later would pass within a year or two I wasn't sure if her story would ever be revisited. Needless to say I am eager to see how this plays out.
brasca

Postby Artemisia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:59 am

It got cleared up on Tumblr as well, where I follow Mr. Campbell...
There was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was homicidal.
I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife.
Artemisia

Postby Valerie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Oh why hello there, new material! :D

I haven't been following S*P. I'm ashamed to admit it. Is this story going to be okay without that?
Lia S wrote:Valerie is right.

As usual.

TCampbell wrote:Val has a harem, but it's chiefly structured online at the moment.
Valerie

Postby brasca » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Valerie wrote:Oh why hello there, new material! :D

I haven't been following S*P. I'm ashamed to admit it. Is this story going to be okay without that?

It's difficult to say since I'm not entirely sure when this takes place. The last time we saw Helen was February 2012 sporting a Girl with the Dragon Tattoo look and it's possible that she's still Nancy's roommate in the fall of 2013 who isn't named, but mentioned in passing. There's only a few story lines featuring her so it wouldn't take long to read.

This when she arrives in Boston: http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp02232010.shtml It runs on and off from February 23 to March 22
She still has a problem saying stupid things when she's drunk: http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp08082010.shtml This one only runs until August 13.
By now she's enrolled in college, but she definitely has anger and self-pity issues: http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp02232012.shtml This one runs until March 1 and it's the last time we see her.

Admittedly there's still a lot of self improvement to do, but at least she was employed and enrolled in college.
brasca

Postby CEOIII » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Not too shocked T is doing this story. I kinda figured Randy wasn't going to do too much with Helen anymore when he told me a little while back he "had no desire to deal with Penny and Aggie readers again".

Yinz upset him.
CEOIII

Postby TCampbell » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:27 am

CEOIII wrote:Not too shocked T is doing this story. I kinda figured Randy wasn't going to do too much with Helen anymore when he told me a little while back he "had no desire to deal with Penny and Aggie readers again".

Yinz upset him.

It kind of upset me too, the idea of any readers of mine giving Randy crap for doing what I had not only permitted but practically begged him to do.

I wasn't real thrilled to hear about that, and I thought about mentioning it when announcing the story, But I didn't want to put out any bad vibes about something a relative few fans did at the same time I was offering everyone a special treat. I wonder how many Something Positive fans will write in to me on this one? It would be only fair.
TCampbell
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion