Re-read week 101: Whispers and Silence 4 - 9

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 101: Whispers and Silence 4 - 9

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:16 pm

Whispers and Silence 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 101: Whispers and Silence 4 - 9

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:08 pm

SHUT THE FUCK UP DAPHNE YOU UTTER SHEEPLE!!! YOU KNOW HER!! JUST BECAUSE SHE'S NOT SEXING YOUR DUMBASS UP SHE'S A RAPIST? YOU'D BELIEVE THAT PSYCHOTIC LIAR OVER A GIRL YOU KNOW? FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

God I want to hit Charlotte and Tharqa so fucking badly. They deserve to be hit for this bullshit. What kind of sick demented person thinks this is hilarious? Rape isn't anything to joke about. Especially considering how society views it. DX URRRGGH!!!

Helen needs an AA meeting and a good slap. Fucking idiot. :evil:
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby timemonkey » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:41 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if Helen has already had a few good slaps. Tharqa comes off more disgusting to me really, Charlotte is messed up, and she knows she is, but she convinces herself she's doing good by punishing sinfull people. Helen and Charlotte are both emotionally and mentally unstable due to the treatment they've received from their parents. Tharqa's just a monster for no reason.
timemonkey

Postby brasca » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:30 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:SHUT THE FUCK UP DAPHNE YOU UTTER SHEEPLE!!! YOU KNOW HER!! JUST BECAUSE SHE'S NOT SEXING YOUR DUMBASS UP SHE'S A RAPIST? YOU'D BELIEVE THAT PSYCHOTIC LIAR OVER A GIRL YOU KNOW? FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

God I want to hit Charlotte and Tharqa so fucking badly. They deserve to be hit for this bullshit. What kind of sick demented person thinks this is hilarious? Rape isn't anything to joke about. Especially considering how society views it. DX URRRGGH!!!

Helen needs an AA meeting and a good slap. Fucking idiot. :evil:

But Helen and awesome sauce ultimately save the day.

Alice asked this question before and T Campbell answered: http://t-campbell.tumblr.com/post/90362022860/inspired-by-the-current-group-re-read-of-the-popsicle

I know you pose these calamitous scenarios where Sara's life was in potential danger for being outed or Aggie might have committed suicide because of Helen's drunken disclosure, but suppose Helen passed out. If she did then the secret would be safe for the time being. However, Cyndi would have figured out Sara's sexuality eventually, and probably would've gotten the picture of Aggie with Marshall some other way and use those to devastating effect. In this scenario Michelle might have succumbed to her eating disorder or be permanently alienated from the rest and Cyndi could have driven a wedge between Penny and Sara which was the intent all along. At some point Cyndi would probably tell Karen about Aggie's crush on Marshall so she could have fun destroying her or to undermine Karen. Knowing Cyndi she would have used her group to bring down everyone else before exploiting the weaknesses of her own to seize the throne. Instead the Injustice Gang acts preemptively with a video confessional that is devastating, but not crippling so Penny and Aggie ultimately have enough time to react.
brasca

Postby timemonkey » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:20 am

You're giving Cyndi way too much credit, early on Cyndi didn't think big and was easily caught in her lies once two people talked to each other and was just as likely to let Karen screw up and have her plans explode in her face as she was to screw someone from Penny or Aggie's group over. Karen's plan was doomed to failure, her success was going to her head and she was taking the things that should have been important to her for granted. I doubt she would have tried to drive a wedge between Penny and Sarah in the same way, most likely would have seduced Sarah then abandoned her which would have only strengthened her bond with Penny.
timemonkey

Postby brasca » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:43 am

timemonkey wrote:You're giving Cyndi way too much credit, early on Cyndi didn't think big and was easily caught in her lies once two people talked to each other and was just as likely to let Karen screw up and have her plans explode in her face as she was to screw someone from Penny or Aggie's group over. Karen's plan was doomed to failure, her success was going to her head and she was taking the things that should have been important to her for granted. I doubt she would have tried to drive a wedge between Penny and Sarah in the same way, most likely would have seduced Sarah then abandoned her which would have only strengthened her bond with Penny.

Perhaps, but I still think that Karen and her gang having more time to wear down Penny's group would be a potentially worse scenario. Like you said Cyndi wasn't all that good with thinking big and scheming, but she got better with time and that is just what she would have if the secrets remained secrets.
brasca

Postby timemonkey » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 am

She only got better because our heroes decided to spell out exactly what her flaws were, allowing her to compensate for them. They tried a verbal smackdown and only succeeded in making her more dangerous, then Stan tried it again and again, he just made it worse.
timemonkey

Postby brasca » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:00 am

timemonkey wrote:She only got better because our heroes decided to spell out exactly what her flaws were, allowing her to compensate for them. They tried a verbal smackdown and only succeeded in making her more dangerous, then Stan tried it again and again, he just made it worse.

True and while Cyndi might have stumbled in her attempts to seduce Sara there still would be enough time that Michelle's eating disorder might to permanently damage her and her relationship with the group. So I still credit awesome sauce for saving her life.
brasca

Postby TCampbell » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:45 am

One of Cyndi's few weaknesses is that she had no internal frame of reference with which to understand deep, meaningful friendship: the only times the group came close to defeating her were when they surprised her by helping each other. But they didn't understand her either: they thought they were telling her "this is why you'll never win" when they were actually telling her "this is what you need to change to win."
TCampbell
Site Admin

Postby FlyingFish » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:55 am

brasca wrote:But Helen and awesome sauce ultimately save the day.

True, but I don't give people credit for saving the day when they do so purely by accident. Especially when they weren't TRYING to save the day. (Or do anything helpful at all.) See the last paragraph of the T post you linked.
FlyingFish

Postby timemonkey » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:10 pm

I don't remember Helen saving the day for anything other than Charlotte's attempted frame up bomb threat.
timemonkey

Postby brasca » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:07 am

FlyingFish wrote:

True, but I don't give people credit for saving the day when they do so purely by accident. Especially when they weren't TRYING to save the day. (Or do anything helpful at all.) See the last paragraph of the T post you linked.

Yes it was by accident, but what I did say is true... from a certain point of view.
brasca

Postby FlyingFish » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:21 pm

brasca wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:

Yes it was by accident, but what I did say is true... from a certain point of view.

Hey, I didn't accept that excuse from that lying Obi-Wan either. :P
FlyingFish

Return to General Discussion