Re-read week 94: When She Was Good 5 - 10

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 94: When She Was Good 5 - 10

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:02 pm

When She Was Good 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic Starter Robot

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Would "Wallflower Rugmunchers" make a good band name?
Bo Lindbergh

Re: Re-read week 94: When She Was Good 5 - 10

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:19 pm

My favourite bit is Mr. Duvall's "Yeah yeah, kids, I wasn't born yesterday," smile in the last strip.
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby Adrishiana » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:04 am

lesbians lesbians lesbians

i'm not afraid because lesbians

did you hear that they are lesbians

The only reason I can imagine that Marshall's not picking up on something fishy is because Karen is insisting she is a self-made woman while wearing very little above the waist.

As a side note, given his dependence on Karen (which, yes, mom issues, but not like those are healthy either) I hope he got some sort of therapy or something before he entered a relationship with anyone else.
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:18 am

And out of Karen's mouth comes lesbophobic bs that she can't fucking back up cuz she's an asshole. She's such an awful person. Uggh.

Marshall ain't any better honestly. Tooly McToolerson needs to grow the fuck up.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby brasca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:25 am

Karen is derisive of Aggie and Lisa, but coincidentally correct. Both Aggie and Lisa do have an eye for the ladies, but that doesn't really happen until later.

At least Karen was honest with Marshall for all the good it did.
brasca

Postby LadyObvious23 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:31 am

Not really. She's not that honest.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby brasca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:27 am

LadyObvious23 wrote:Not really. She's not that honest.

She told him who she really was and he didn't believe her. Now perhaps if she decided that it was better to have someone like Marshall in her life than following her lust for power and attention things would've worked out differently. She was in a comfortable position of being far above from where she started, but not on top where she could be a lighting rod for everyone seeking to be the next queen. Makes me wonder if Karen decided to cash in her chips and call it a day if Cyndi or someone else at Bellville would've sought usurp Penny.
brasca

Postby timemonkey » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:22 am

Maybe if Marshal had been less tolerant of her bullshit she'd have become a better person. But he just goes along with everything, everything, every terrible action, every nasty comment, every shred of evidence and testimony saying she's horrible, even when it comes from her until it's literally smacking him in the face.
timemonkey

Postby brasca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 am

timemonkey wrote:Maybe if Marshal had been less tolerant of her bullshit she'd have become a better person. But he just goes along with everything, everything, every terrible action, every nasty comment, every shred of evidence and testimony saying she's horrible, even when it comes from her until it's literally smacking him in the face.

Agreed although as she says in her thought bubbles Marshall didn't need to know everything about her plans so there was a lot he didn't know and probably underestimated what she was capable of doing. However, he could've called her on the homophobic slurs. It's one thing if she hated Aggie for some previous wrong, but as far as Marshall knows she's just insecure so he should be curious as to why he hates a girl that as far as he knows had nothing to do with her self improvement makeover from the previous summer and possibly thinks is gay because of whatever Karen told him. It may be her damage as she says, but he should question her about it.
brasca

Postby Twitcher » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:19 pm

7. People don't like Marshall because of stuff like this. One "please stop with the slurs and insults you are hurling at my friend" would've shown he'd grown a spine since the incident with his mother, but he's too NICE. And nice is often different than good.
8. ARE YOU REDAY FOR A PARTAY?
9. 75-year-old talking....
10. I still don't understand. Did she misinterpret Nietchzhe? Darwin? Or is she more of a Rand kinda gal?
11. Ugh...
12. Now this is funny. Sad, but also funny.
Twitcher

Return to General Discussion