Re-read week 93: Injustice Gang 14 - When She Was Good 4

This forum is founded on discussions about T Campbell's work (alone and with artist partners).

Moderators: TCampbell, Gisele

Re-read week 93: Injustice Gang 14 - When She Was Good 4

Postby Topic Starter Robot » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Injustice Gang 14 15
When She Was Good 1 2 3 4
Topic Starter Robot

Re: Re-read week 93: Injustice Gang 14 - When She Was Good 4

Postby timemonkey » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Ah yes, the reminder that she was still terrible even before the makeover.
timemonkey

Postby Alice Macher » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:22 pm

LOL @Stan brainstorming "Yes we can" as a possible marketing hook for the parties.

This "mistaking Aggie for gay, and then she turns out to like mostly girls anyway" seems to be kind of a theme here, dunnit? :)
"Life doesn't wait forever." --Lisa Winklemeyer
Alice Macher

Postby LadyObvious23 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Lesbophobia. Just absolutely beautiful. :roll: I wonder if Penny and Aggie would consider dating when they're older. Like they go out a few times or not.
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.
'As long as you cater to my every whim, fullfill my every wish, obey my every command and never argue with what I say I shall be your slave forever.'
LadyObvious23

Postby Adrishiana » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:03 am

Stan: Still sleazy!
Karen: Still has some boundaries. For now.

Charlotte is trying very hard to imitate the others. I wonder if the somewhat forced gait aggravates her leg. (Also, do actual people walk with their hands positioned like that?)
No more zoos!
Adrishiana

Postby brasca » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:36 am

timemonkey wrote:Ah yes, the reminder that she was still terrible even before the makeover.

More like perplexing. To some extent I find Karen sympathetic in that she was one of those openly mocked by kids her age and somewhat ignored by her parents, but what seems so strange is in all that time she never seemed to care at all about her appearance or be motivated to do anything about it. Penny was the only one who had any interest in improving her albeit to prove to Aggie she could be altruistic as well as a lingering sense of guilt, but aside from the exercise and the expense of Lasic surgery it wasn't that difficult. She seems intelligent enough to figure everything Penny and to an extent Aggie taught on her own yet never did. While her parents weren't happy about her charging the surgery on their credit card I think they would be encouraging of their daughter's makeover to a point. Charlotte and Helen' being out of fashion makes sense since the former had a domineering zealot for a mother and in all likelihood the latter's parents didn't care to spend more than necessary on their daughter. For the sake of the plot I suspend my disbelief and just assume that power and attention was so addictive she was willing to turn against the people who helped her and sink to the lowest of lows in doing so.
brasca

Postby Twitcher » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:17 pm

1. Karen still has some standards at least.
2.... And Stan acts like a 50 year old again. Here's a slogan for you, and something a teen is more likely to come up with. "Wanna suck my ice pop? Meet me at Fleet Street!"
3. And Karen is 65. Sis: "Yannoh dhey like dhey're tony literary references in Massachusetts, don'cha? Dat Charlotte's kin'a funny lookin'..." Me: You said she looked so much like you that you were personally insulted on first seeing her. Sis: Shut up.
4. Christ, poor Karen. And you know her mom means well, bonding with her kid through food; and her competitive nature is because she's striving to give her family a good life. I wonder why Karen didn't pick up on that.
5. That Legend of Korra Video Game is going to be so cool.
6. I would've liked it if this scene had showed up earlier.
Twitcher

Return to General Discussion